How nice to hear that you can create your audio on your PC? Most of the computers come with Realtek sound cards. So, using a digital output will allow you to connect audio devices that are not digital but analogue to your PC. The digital output is simply an audio device connected to your computer without any cables.
However, in most of the cases, the Realtek digital output is enabled. But if that is not your case, you can do it yourself with just a couple of clicks. Want to learn how to enable digital output in Windows 10? I’m sure you do. Check out the two methods step by step we outlined below in the article.
Make sure to follow every method carefully.
- Right-click on the speaker icon at the bottom right corner of your desktop screen.
- Click on the Playback devices on the popup screen.
- Right-click on the Realtek digital output and select Enable.
- Click on the Set as default button and press Ok.
If you didn’t find the playback devices after clicking on the speaker icon, you could follow our second method to enable digital output in your Windows 10.
Here, we’ll show how to enable digital output using your control panel.
- Type Control panel in the search box next to the start menu at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Open the control panel and click on the Hardware and sound option.
- Press the Sound button.
- Click on the Realtek digital output and press Set as default.
Hurray! You successfully enabled the digital output on your computer.
How to fix Realtek digital output has no sound issue?
Many Realtek audio device users are experiencing problems while creating sound using a digital output.
There is no need to worry about it because you can fix it yourself with just a couple of clicks.
Below, we’ll introduce you to some solutions to this problem.
1. Update or reinstall your Realtek audio drivers
You will face difficulties in producing sound using digital output if you’re using outdated Realtek audio drivers.
So, in this case, we’ll recommend you update or reinstall your Realtek audio drivers.
However, you can use Driver Easy to check if any update is available in your system.
It will also help you download and install the latest drivers on your PC. Here, we’ll show how you can use Driver Easy to update your Realtek audio drivers.
- Firstly, you have to download and install Driver Easy on your computer.
- Launch the software and press the Scan button.
It will scan your PC and find any update available in your system.
- Click on the update button next to the Realtek audio device.
It will start updating your Realtek audio device.
On the other hand, you can also click on the Update all button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
Moreover, Driver Easy can allow you to uninstall the Realtek audio driver. Then you can reinstall it to resolve your problem.
Let us see how we can do that.
- Launch Driver Easy and click on the tools on the left side panel.
- Click on the Driver uninstall and select the Realtek audio device.
- Press the uninstall button to start the uninstallation process.
Now, reinstall the Realtek audio driver and check if your problem gets solved.
2. Set the speakers as the default device
It is not essential to use a digital output in producing sound on your computer.
If you’re using speakers but have set the digital output as default, you must face difficulties in producing sound.
Therefore, you have to set your speakers as the default device to prevent the issue.
- Right-click on the speaker icon at the bottom right corner of your screen and select Playback devices.
- Click on the Playback tab.
- Right-click on the Speakers and select Set as default device.Press the Ok button.
We hope the article will help you to know how to enable Realtek digital output in Windows 10. Moreover, the solutions outlined above will help you to resolve digital output has no sound issue. There is no need to worry if you’re facing audio issues on your computer. Following a couple of steps can solve your problem.