Today, I got a new Samsung Galaxy Note 4. But I’m upset with my decision. Because I inserted a sim inside it, turned it on, and what do I see? I’m not able to make any calls. I tried many solutions, but nothing works. Now I’m getting frustrated.
It seems that the sim got locked. To find the solution, I investigated the internet and came up with this article on how to sim unlock your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Here, I’ll walk through some solutions to this problem because I know sim lock is a common problem that users will face.
I hope the solutions that I’ll show you in this article will definitely unlock your sim on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
1. Unlock your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using a code
You can use an unlocking code to unlock your phone. However, if you want to get this code to unlock your sim, you have to make sure that your phone fits that.
So, you need to locate the IMEI number of your device to check that. Every mobile device has its IMEI that you can identify in the settings of your phone.
You can follow the steps that we will show you below to find the IMEI number of your mobile device.
- Open the Settings section on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
- Tap on the About phone tab in the settings section.
- Scroll down and tap on the status to locate the IMEI number of your device.
Here, you can verify that your mobile device fits to unlock your sim.
If you see that you’re eligible to unlock your sim, it is time to get a code to unlock your sim card.
Have a look at these steps to get an unlocking code.
- You have to contact your network service provider to get the unlocking code.
- After getting the unlocking code, you have to take out your previous sim card and insert the new one inside your mobile phone.
After inserting a different sim card, a prompt message will appear on your screen asking to enter the unlocking code.
- Now, tap on the empty field and select dismiss.
- You have to type the code in the given field that you got from your service provider.
- Tap on the Back button to remove the keyboard and proceed with your request.
- You have to tap on the Unlock button to proceed.
2. Unlock your Sim by rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I hope the above solution will help you know how to sim unlock your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
But if you do not get any unlocking code, you can use this method for sim unlocking.
You can root your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for sim unlocking. However, rooting your mobile device will give you superuser permission to perform anything.
So, ready to root your mobile phone?
But you need to unlock your Galaxy Note 4 first to root it. Below, we’ll show you the steps for unlocking your mobile device.
- Dial *#0011# on your Galaxy Note 4, tap on the Menu and select Back.
- Again, tap on the Menu button and select KEY INPUT.
- Type 1 and tap on the Ok button.
- Visit Service mode main menu, tap on UMTS.
- Tap on the Debug screen and select Phone control.
- Select Network lock and tap on PERSO SHA256 OFF.
- Press the Menu button to go back to the UMTS menu, select Back and tap on Common.
- Tap on NV rebuild and select the Restore back up.
After following all these steps, your phone will freeze, and the screen will get black.
Then a blue shining LED lamp, menu and back button will appear on your screen.
After a minute, your mobile phone will restart and will successfully unlock.
After unlocking your device, it is time to root it. Here, we’ll show you the steps for how to root your mobile phone.
- You have to download Root pro on your mobile phone.
- Visit Settings on your phone, select Applications and tap on Development on your device.
Here, you have to enable debugging mode on your device.
- You have to connect your mobile device and tap on the Root button.
Hurray! You successfully rooted your mobile phone. Now, you can sim unlock your mobile device.
We hope the information given in this article will help you know how to sim unlock your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Follow every step carefully to get your problem solved.