I personally love playing games on my PlayStation. That is why I can’t deny that it is frustrating when your controller fails to connect to your PS4 and flashes white light. But I want to clarify that there is no need to worry about it.
Just following a couple of steps is going to solve your flashing white light problem in your PS4. Now, you must be wondering how this is possible. In this article, I’ll provide you with some solutions for the PS4 controller flashing white light issue.
Make sure to follow every solution carefully to make it work.
Let’s get started.
Why is my PS4 controller flashing white light?
There are two main reasons for causing this issue.
One, the battery of your PS4 is low. Therefore, make sure to charge your PS4 to keep it working without any problem.
Second, your controller will fail to connect with the PS4 and cause flashing white light.
Further in this article, you will get to know some solutions for this problem.
Solutions to solve PS4 controller flashing white light
In this section, I’ll walk through some ways to solve your flashing white light problem on your PS4.
1. Get a new USB cable
Sometimes USB cable can also cause this problem because it is fragile.
So, in this case, we will recommend you change your USB cable to solve this problem.
After getting a new USB cable, plug it into your Dual shock controller and check the colour of the light changes or not.
If the colour of the light changes from white to green or blue, understand that the problem is with your cable only.
If a USB cable is preventing you from playing your favourite game, change it now.
2. Reset your PS4 controller
You can reset your PS4 controller to solve the problem of the controller not connecting with your PlayStation.
Now, you must be wondering how to reset your PS4 controller.
If you want to reset your PS4 controller, follow the steps given below.
- You have to turn off your PS4.
- Turn back your controller and press the reset button near the L2 shoulder button.
Make sure to hold the reset button for a few seconds and release it.
- Now, you have to repair the controller with the PS4. The only thing you have to do is connect your controller with PS4 and turn it on.
- You need to press the PS button to log in to your PS4.
3. Reset your PS4
Resetting your PS4 can also help you solve your PS4 controller flashing white light problem.
I know you must be wondering how to reset your PS4 console.
Here, I’ll walk through the steps for resetting your PS4 console.
- Hold the power button of your PS4 for 10 seconds to power off your PlayStation.
- Now, you have to remove the cord from your PS4.
- Wait for about three minutes and plug it back in.
- Turn on your PlayStation 4 and plug the USB charging cable in the PS4.
- You have to plug your USB charging cable into the dual shock controller and press the PlayStation button on the Dualshock controller.
After following all these steps, I’m sure your problem with the controller not connecting to the PS4 will get solved.
We hope the solutions given above will help you eliminate the PS4 controller flashing white light issue. However, it can occur when the battery is low or your controller is not connecting to the PlayStation 4. You do not have to worry if you encounter this issue. Just follow the steps given in this article.