Two years ago, my dad gifted me a brand new Samsung Galaxy on my birthday. I experienced the best mobile experience with my Samsung Galaxy in these two years. But today, I’m facing an issue while calling or texting.
“Not registered on a network”. This popup message is appearing on my screen while making a call or text. It seems like the service provider is not notifying my IMEI number. Now the question is how to fix not registered on network error on Samsung Galaxy/ Android. To find the answer, I investigated the whole internet and found a list of genuine solutions to solve this problem.
If you’re also facing the same issue with your Samsung Galaxy, you can go through this article to get your problem solved.
Reasons behind getting “Not registered on a network” message on your Samsung phone
Before we move to the list of solutions, we will show you the reason behind getting this message on your mobile screen.
You must be wondering why this message is popping up on your mobile device while calling or texting.
I want to mention that the main reason behind getting this error is that your mobile’s firmware and software is not up to date.
And yeah, I want to clear out that this error is common to various service providers, including Vodafone, T-mobile, AT&T, Virgin, Rogers and Airtel.
If you’re experiencing this problem, we will walk through the list of solutions to help you deal with this issue.
Solutions for how to fix not registered on network error on Samsung Galaxy/ Android
Please have a look at some genuine solutions to this problem.
1. Make sure that your mobile phone is up to date
If any software update is pending on your mobile device, it can cause you the error not registered on the network.
Therefore, you need to make sure that your mobile’s software is up to date.
Here, we will show you the steps to update your software. But before we move further, make sure that your phone is fully charged and connected to a wireless connection.
- Click on the gear looking icon to open the Settings of your mobile device.
- Scroll down and click on the Software update button.
If any update is pending on your mobile, it will appear on your screen.
- Select the Update option to start the updating process.
Wait for a moment. Your mobile will get updated after completing the update process.
2. Reinserting your battery and sim card
Another method to solve your not registered on network error is reinserting your battery and sim card.
Remember that this method will not work for the first time. But you can try again and again to get this working.
Below, we will show you the steps for how to solve this issue using this method.
- Firstly, you have to turn off your mobile device.
- Wait for about two minutes, and then remove the sim card and battery from your mobile device.
- You have to press the home button and power button together ten consecutive times.
- Then, you have to hold the home button and power button for 1-3 minutes.
- After doing these things, insert the sim card and battery into your mobile device and turn it on.
6 Remove the sim card when your mobile device is on. Make sure to repeat this step five times.
7 After repeating this five times, a message that restarts your phone will appear on your screen. Click on it.
3. Change your sim card
If the two solutions given above do not work for you, you can change the sim card of your mobile device.
It is because the not registered on a network error related to your sim card.
So that is why we will recommend you to change your sim card. We are sure your problem will get resolved after changing your sim card.
4. Update APN settings
Updating your APN settings will definitely solve your not registered on a network problem on your mobile device.
Here, we will show you the steps for how you can update your APN settings on your mobile device.
- Visit the Settings section on your mobile phone and click on the Sim cards & mobile networks button.
- Click on the sim card provider and select Access point names.
- Now, click on the + button to add new APN data manually.
I hope the solutions shown in this article will help you to know how to fix not registered on a network error on Samsung Galaxy/ Android. However, you do not have to worry about it and follow the steps shown in the article carefully.