Gamertag is very important in the world of gaming. It is very important to Xbox gamers because it is their identity in the Xbox World. A Gamertag is a profile that includes a picture and some background information about the player. The Gamertag is extremely useful because it allows you to share your profile with others.
What is a Gamertag?
In contrast to gamerpic, which represents a user’s profile picture on the Xbox app. Gamertag is an alias that appears on the right alongside the gamerpic. In other words, your Gamertag is your name on the Xbox app. The purpose of having a gamertag on the Xbox app is to give you your own unique name or alias that represents you when you’re playing games and sharing them with others in the Xbox community. Here’s the official Gamertag description. \”On Xbox Live, your gamertag serves as your identity. This is how other users see you in games, invite you to games, and send you messages. “
Gamertag is the persona name that you can give yourself while using the Xbox App, and you can change it if you want. As a result, the Xbox community is curious about how to change Gamertag on the Xbox App. Those who participate in online gaming tend to use the same name to establish their identity. However, people may want to change it to freshen things up or if they come across a better name. Many people want to know how to change the Gamertag on the Xbox App. Read on to find out how to change your Gamertag on the Xbox App!
Can You Change Your Xbox Gamertag For Free?
When you create your Xbox account for the first time, you are asked to provide the Xbox gamer tag. After that, you can change your Gamertag for free one more time. Any subsequent changes will come at a cost. This is due to the fact that changing your Gamertag would require the developers to change it in every piece of information they have on you. Your games, your achievements, your scores, and so on. If you want to change your Gamertag more than once, you must pay.
How to Get or Create a Gamertag on the Xbox App?
When you first sign in to the Xbox app, your first gamertag is generated automatically. If you don’t like your gamertag, you can change it once for free using the Xbox app. It’s worth noting that the first time you change your gamertag is free, but all subsequent changes cost money. The price varies according to region and currency.
While you are encouraged to choose a gamertag of your choice, you are not permitted to use abusive, profane, or otherwise inappropriate language. If your gamertag contains language that Microsoft deems inappropriate, it may be removed without notice.
Without further ado, here is how to change your gamertag online, on Xbox Series X/S or Xbox One, or through Xbox 360. Just browse through the list and choose the one that works for you.
- Change your gamertag online
- Change your gamertag on Xbox Series X/S or Xbox One
- Change your gamertag on Xbox 360
- Change your Xbox Gamertag by converting your offline profile into a gamertag
A. Change your gamertag online
- Enter your Microsoft account email address and password to access the Xbox Change Gamertag page.
- In Enter a new gamertag and click Check availability on the Choose Your New Gamertag page. If you receive a message informing you that your gamertag is already in use, you must select a new one. If you don’t want to create a new one, you can use Xbox’s suggestions by clicking the Refresh button.
- Once you have decided on a suitable gamertag, click the Claim it button.
Immediately, your gamertag has changed to reflect the change across Xbox.
Change Xbox Gamertag Using Windows 10 Xbox app
If you want to change your gamertag using the Xbox Windows app, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Xbox app on your Windows computer by entering your login email and password.
- Now, from the leftmost corner of the home screen, select your gamerpic.
- Choose Customize > Change Gamertag.
- Enter a new gamertag and click the Check Availability button.
- If it is available, change it; otherwise, enter a new one until you find an available option.
B. Change your gamertag on Xbox Series X/S or Xbox One
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to access the home menu of your Xbox Series X/S or Xbox One console.
- Go to Profile & system > Your gamertag.
- Select My profile > Customize profile, and then select your gamertag.
- In Select a new gamertag, type your desired gamertag, or select one from Xbox’s list of gamertag recommendations.
- Confirm your change once you’ve decided on a suitable gamertag.
Now you can see that immediately your gamertag changed to reflect the change across Xbox.
C. Change your gamertag on Xbox 360
- Navigate to Social on your Xbox 360 console, and then select Sign In or Out.
- To log in, select your profile.
- Scroll down to Settings and select Profile.
- Select Edit Profile > Gamertag > Enter New Gamertag
- Type a new gamertag (up to 15 characters), and then select Done. If the gamertag you entered is already taken, you’ll be notified to try a new gamertag.
- Once you’ve decided on a suitable gamertag, click the Yes, use this gamertag button.
Immediately, your gamertag is changed to reflect the change across Xbox.
D. Change Xbox Gamertag by converting your offline profile into a gamertag
- Before you begin, ensure that you have a Microsoft account that is not currently associated with another gamertag. In addition, when you use this method, the gamerscore from your offline profile is transferred to your Xbox profile.
- Now, to convert your offline profile into a gamertag, sign in to the profile that you want to convert from an offline profile to a gamertag.
- To bring up the mini-guide, press the Guide button on your controller. Then, go to Settings and select Profile. Select Join Xbox Live from this menu.
- Enter your first name, alongside your Microsoft account details (email ID and password)
- Verify the information and current privacy settings.
- Review the Microsoft Services Agreement, and then, hit the I accept button.
Can you have a 3 letter Xbox gamertag?
Although you can have any three-letter gamertag you want, if it is already in use, you will receive # and numbers.
In this article, we have covered four methods to help you change your gamertag. Isn’t it simple to change your Xbox gamertag? Be aware that you will be charged by Microsoft every time you change your gamertag. However, you can only change it once for free if the original gamertag was assigned at random. Selecting a Gamertag for yourself should be done with caution.
Hope this post helped. If you have any questions, ideas, or suggestions, please feel free to let us know in the comments below.