We know that Reliance Jio offers amazing services to the readers at competitive rates. If you are using Airtel and want to port from your existing network to Jio, you must follow the easy porting steps below. You can migrate from your existing network to the new network through a process called porting, and after successful completion of all the steps, you are ready to enjoy the features of the new mobile network.
Documents required completing the porting process
- Adhaar card or Pan Card or driving license
- Two recent passport size photographs
Note: Make sure that you have used your current sim card for more than 90 days; otherwise, your request cannot be processed.
Read more: All Networks USSD Codes
Easy steps to Port from Airtel to Jio via offline store
If you are a non-technical person and don’t want to use website or app then you must visit the offline store for the porting process. You will have to follow the steps below to complete the porting process.
- First of all, you have to send an SM to 1900 and follow this format: <PORT<space><your 10-digit mobile number>.
- You will get an instant reply from your current network with a UPC and expiry details.
- Next, you need to download the MyJio App from the play store and generate a coupon code.
- Once the coupon code is generated, then it’s time to visit the Reliance Jio store. You should have your smartphone, Jio coupon code, and the UPC code.
- The manager needs to verify your residential address with the help of adhaar card. In case of the non-availability of an Adhaar card, you have to give any other proof to verify your address.
- Make sure to have two passport size pictures of you to prove your identity.
- After all the verification, the Reliance Jio store manager will activate your Jio number.
- All this process would take place through eKYC.
- The postpaid Airtel users must clear their dues before migrating to another network.
- The company will take almost seven business days to port your Airtel number to Reliance Jio.
- During this time, you can make use of the existing network without any issue.
- You will get an SMS to your phone informing you that the porting process is completed and you can enjoy the new network services.
How to Port from Airtel to Reliance Jio through Website?
You can receive your new reliance jio sim card at your doorstep if you don’t want to visit the store physically. Make sure that you have your address and identity proof with you. This method only works for the post-paid connections.
- First of all, you have to go to the Reliance Jio website and enter your name with your existing mobile number.
- You will be asked to generate OTP, and you will get a 6 digit password on your mobile.
- Enter the password on the website and validate the OTP.
- In the next step, you will be connected to the page containing your complete address details.
- Click on the confirm button and submit your request for new SIM delivery.
- In the final step, the Jio executive will call you, and you can ask about the Unique Porting Code with 10 digits mobile number.
How to port Airtel to Jio using MyJio App?
Another method to port from Airtel to Jio is by using the MyJio App.It is an easy method to migrate from one network to another.
- In the first step, you have to download the MyJip App from Google Play Store. Open the app and click on “Not a Jio user”? button.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to port into Jio. You have to click on this option instantly.
- The app will require your full name and address and your 10 digits mobile number to generate the OTP.
- Once you fill out all the necessary details, including your pin code, address, and locality, you have to click on the verify option.
- You will get a final confirmation call from the Reliance Jio executive, and you need to tell whether you want a prepaid sim or postpaid sim.