Want to learn how to direct message someone on Discord? If your answer is yes, you landed in the right place. Discord direct messaging will allow you to communicate with your friends while playing your favourite game. That is why it is popular among gamers.
So as a gamer, if you’re not using the Discord direct messaging feature, you’re losing a next-level gaming experience. One big plus point about this is that you can hold a conversation with someone who is not a member of the same server. If you didn’t know how to DM someone on Discord, check out this article.
Here, I’ll show you almost everything about Discord direct messaging.
What do you mean by Discord direct messaging and how to set it up?
The Discord direct messaging will allow you to have one on one communication with your friends while playing a game.
However, I want to mention that the conversation between you and your friend will be private.
That means it will not be seen on the public chat server. The best part about this is that you can send a direct message to your friend.
Moreover, you can start a group chat on the server you get already engaged.
If you want to know the functionality of Discord direct messaging, you can check out the messaging option on Twitter.
Now, you must be wondering how to setup direct messaging on Discord.
Well, I want to mention that there is no need to setup anything. It will be available by default in your system.
If you’re looking to figure out how to DM someone on Discord, check out the further section of the article.
How to DM someone on Discord without being friends?
Below, we’ll show you the steps for sending a direct message on Discord. Before digging into the steps, we want to mention that some users have their DM settings to friends only.
That means you can’t message them if they’re not on your friend’s list.
Let’s get started with the steps.
1. Send a direct message through your PC
If you want to send a direct message on Discord through PC or Mac, check out the steps given below.
- Open Discord and log in to your account.
- At the top left corner of your screen, click on the discord icon and select Friends from the list.
- Click on the Online tab or open the All tab to see the list of available online friends.
- Press the user to whom you want to send a direct message. However, it will open the direct messaging between you and the user.
- Type the message in the given box and click on the Enter button to send the message to the user.
If you want to send a message to a member of a server you’re already a member of, you have to log in to the server from the menu section.
- Scroll down the list of members on the server until you find one to whom you want to direct message.
- Right-click on the user’s name and select the Message button.
- Type your message and click on the Enter button.
So, you get to know how to direct message on Discord through a computer.
2. Send a direct message through your mobile device
Let us see how you can send a message on Discord through your mobile devices.
- Visit Discord and log in to your account.
- At the top left corner of your screen, tap on All tab.
- Select the friend from the list to whom you want to send a message.
- Tap on the chat message button to enable the direct messaging option.
- Now, you have to type your message and click on the Enter to send it to your friend.
Hopefully, the information shown in the article will help you know how to DM someone on Discord. However, it is popular among gamers that will allow you to have a conversation with your friend while playing a game. So just a couple of clicks will give you great gameplay.