As a Windows user, you must experience getting Windows ready stuck while loading the screen. Mostly, you must face this issue while turning on, off or restarting your computer. The stuck error occurs when an update glitches out for no good reason.
However, some users take this stuck error lightly. But you need to understand that this issue can end up being severe and result in file corruption. Therefore, you must solve this problem as soon as possible. We’ll help you to do so. This article will list down some troubleshooting tips and fixes to resolve getting Windows ready stuck.
What is getting Windows ready don’t turn off your computer?
While turning on, off or restarting your computer, your computer must be stuck on a loading screen saying, “Getting windows ready, don’t turn off your computer.”
You wait for a long, but nothing changes on your computer screen. The reason behind causing this stuck issue can be when an update glitches for no reason.
You tried many methods, but the screen is still stuck and saying the same message.
Now, you must be getting frustrated looking for pulling your hair. No, wait, do not pull your hair because we’re here for your help.
This article is going to cover some simple and effective methods for solving this issue. So stay tuned.
4 Ways to fix getting Windows ready stuck issue
Check out some simple and effective fixes for getting windows ready screen.
1. Wait for some time
The first and foremost thing you can do when you face this stuck is to wait. The loading screen saying getting Windows ready means your system may be downloading and installing files or dealing with some tasks running in the background.
Therefore, you can wait until your system finishes these jobs. However, it is a temporary fix for this stuck issue. But still, you can give it a try.
Now, you must have a question in your mind: how much time do you have to wait?
Honestly, we can’t answer this question. It may take less time or long also. But if still, you see the loading screen after waiting a long, move to another method.
2. Run system file checker
You can try running a system file checker to fix this issue. Here, we’ll show you how to do that.
- Firstly, you have to plug your Windows installation media into your computer and boot from it.
- Choose your location, language and click on the Next button.
- Click on Repair your computer and select Troubleshoot.
- Click on the command prompt and type sfc /scannow in the required field.
- Now, press the enter button and wait until the process gets completed.
- Restart your computer and check whether the problem gets resolved or not.
3. Power reset your computer
Power resetting your computer may fix all those corruption issues on your computer causing this error.
Follow the steps shown below to find out how to power reset your computer.
- Turn off your computer and unplug all peripheral devices like USB flash drive, headphones or external hard drive.
- Remove the power cable from your computer.
- If you’re using a laptop, remove the battery from it.
- Now, you have to press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
- Put back the battery and plug in the power cable.
- Finally, turn on your computer and check if the problem persists.
4. Reinstall your Windows
If none of the above methods works, you can try to reinstall your Windows to resolve this issue.
You have to take this chance because your system may have got issues that won’t get fixed.
You only have to do is insert the Windows installation media into your computer and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
After completing the process, you can see the getting windows ready stuck won’t appear on your screen.
Hopefully, the fixes shown in this article will help you to resolve the getting Windows ready stuck issue. However, you can wait whenever a loading screen saying “Getting windows ready, don’t turn off your computer” appear on your screen. But most of the time, it won’t work. Therefore, you can follow other methods shown in this article.
If you have any issues regarding any of the methods shown above, we’re here for your help.