The data you have is on your computer is the asses of a person in today’s world. We have our passwords logged into the system, we have notes, books, educational as well as professional documents. Losing your data can be very frustrating and retrieving it is the hardest of all if you are not even aware about where to start. It is very normal – losing data – because of we have many reasons. It could be hacking, hard drive issues, data corruption, system issues and much more. Nevertheless, whenever or wherever you are in this situation you need to calm down and look for a suitable solution and no trick or solution works best than the data recovery software.
Any Apple or Windows data recovery software helps you to get through this problem and you can easily get all of your data back – in most of the cases. There are quite a few data recovery software available and you can choose the most appropriate one for yourself. We have a thoroughly researched list of top 5 data recovery software, which will help you in this process in the best means.
Top 5 Data Recover Software
This list of software works best on Windows and macOS as well. So read this article until the end to find out, which one amongst them can be your savior of the day.If you want quick and easy solution then easy recovery essentials software is best for you.
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
The very first on our list is the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard software. In spite of of which device you are you use, it works for Windows as well as macOS. Ususally lots of our data is stored on hard drives and with the help of EasUS, you can easily restore the data from all internal and external hard drives, flash drives and all possible drives on your system with a limit of up to 2 GB space, which is a great deal. This is very simple three-step process to find, understand and recover your data. Additionally it also helps to recover the MOV and MP4 files on your device. The best part is that it can help restore over 1000 files and extension on your system, which is a huge plus point. Because it is all about data and storage, we are talking about here.Sometime recovery softwares make the processor work hard so you should know How Many Cooling Fans Does A PC Need? So that you can keep your pc cool during that step.
You need to load this software on your device, select the data or files you may want to recover – you scan to find them – and then ultimately, based on the selection files you recover the lost data. It is very simple and straightforward process.
- EaseUS is compatible on Windows and macOS
- It can easily recover data of almost all kind of hard drives you use
- The interface of this software is comprehensible
- This is a three-step process to recover your lost data; download software in your system, load the file and scan it, once the scanning process is completed you are done
- Comes with a free trail
- You can recover mp4 and MOV files as well
- Some people complained the files restored are totally out of order and it might take a bit of time to arrange and recognize them
- The free trail does not allow to recover data more than 2 GB
- Stellar Data Recovery
The second one we have here is the Stellar Data Recover software, which is also quite famous because of the features it offers, which eventually helps us to get the job done. Sometimes we lose our data because somebody deleted it by mistake or because of the system, it gets corrupted or hidden. This can help you to recover and uncover all types of formatted, deleted or lost data easily. This software help to recover the data up to 1 GB free. Th payment method is by monthly subscription alongside you get a free trial version for a limited time.
This software has features and functions very much alike to the previous software EaseUS expect the free limitation option. It supports data recovery from all types of hard drives be it internal hard drive, external hard drive, flash drive or any other kind of hard drive. It also has a three-step processing method where you download the software, select file type, select the recovery source and scan the files and simply restore them on your device.
- It is compatible with Windows as well as macOS
- It has compatibility with different hard drives
- You can use it recover data with up to 1 GB of limitation
- You have option to choose a certain file for recovery
- It works with almost all types format of data
- It is also a three-step process
- The software can get a little slow at times
- Some bugs and lags have been reported in the trail version of this software
- Windows File Recovery
This amazing software is from Microsoft Windows for data recovery and especially for Windows 10. This software only and specifically for Windows 10. This is not a third-party product and you can easily download it for Windows from the App store. Let us tell you ahead that this is a command line app and there is no cost or any charges, it is free of cost.
The Windows file recovery is especially designed for Windows. If some of your local storage data – the data available on your system or device – is deleted or lost and cannot be retrieved from your Windows, the Windows file recovery can get it back for you.
- You can easily restore your local device data
- It is cost-free
- You can easily download it
- No third-party app
- This is a command line app
- It works only for Windows 10
- You cannot retrieve data that is on your network or external hard drives, it works fine with internal storage and data only
If you have specific Windows 10, your data has gone missing from your local drive in your system; you might want to give a shot to this tool built specially for this purpose – which is also free of cost – and will help you to recover your local data. If you want more from features or if you think it does not match your requirements, you can opt for other options on the list.
We have the TestDisk as number 4 on our list. We can use this software in 2 distinct ways, it does great recovery for Windows and macOS. The best part is that it is an open source tool – available for anybody –, which also means that it is free of cost.
We can use this tool primarily to assess the system and collect detailed information about a non-booting device or hard drive. A device that is not turning on and not available is known as a non-booting device. If there is something or anything wrong with your device, this tool can be run from outside the machine. It will assess the drive, giving you detailed report, which can be used to send it to a professional for a detailed analysis.
It does variety of things for you like fixing partition tables, recover deleted partitions, it can build and recover fat boot sectors like 1216, 32, and much more. If you are someone who is an IT technician or expert, this is a multi-faceted versatile tool for you.
- 2 ways to work with this software
- It os open source and free
- Works with Windows as well as macOS
- Helps to work with multiple non-booting hard drives
- It is a bit complicated to use
- It requires more time and patience than other software
- Suitable for professions
The last one we have on the list is Carbonite. It is a much known software for backing up and restoring data on devices. It also works fine on both Windows as well as macOS. The carbonite provides solutions for both home and business. The home solutions are much cheaper as compared to the business solutions.
It is a subscription fee model and you can have a carbonite safe – a software on your device that runs and scans any problem and make recommendations for your system. You can also manually make a list of files and folders that you actually might to have a backup and want to protect. It then runs on your device to back up and secure the data automatically in on going way based on the schedule you set up. Your data copying it up in the cloud storage centers that carbonite maintains globally.
- Store data automatically in Cloud Storage Centers
- Works with both Windows and macOS
- Suggest recommendations and backup your data automatically
- A safe and secure data recovery software
- Easily backup your data from cloud safe
- Easy to set up and have user friendly interface
- The fees seems to be high for business setup
- The backup process can feel a bit slower than other software available
We have tried to jot down a list of data recovery software that may be beneficial for your use in the long term, the list contains both paid and free software each having their own benefits, so you can choose yours based on requirements and budgets.