There are times when you get into car accidents, and while unfortunate, they are sometimes inevitable. However, a car crash can get too bad that you’ll be in need of a lawyer because of it! Whether you are injured or your car was damaged due to a negligent driver (who refuses to cooperate), then it’s time to hire car crash lawyers.
But when will you really need to call your lawyer after a car crash, though? Also, how will a lawyer be able to help you after the accident?
Read on as I show you the three signs you need to hire a lawyer after your car crash.
Wondering when a lawyer is needed after a car crash? Here are the three major signs:
- Negligent Party Hasn’t Reported Anything
If the other party was at fault of the car crash, then it’s vital to exchange insurance information and contact details to ensure that they will cooperate and that you have everything settled. However, there may be instances where those at fault will not follow up, running away to avoid the expenses. For this who did not report the incident to the insurance company, this means trouble!
- Insurance Company Is Acting Fishy
Insurance companies do their best to ensure that their clients get what is due. However, there will be investigations and they will also ensure that they are not receiving false claims. Some companies would even try to keep as much money as possible for their sake, giving you less than what is due or even being rude and unresponsive. That’s the time to take these claims to court.
- It’s Unclear Who’s At Fault
When the crash has caused a significant injury and there is no sure-fire way to see who is at fault, then it’s time to get a lawyer to back up your case and prove that you aren’t responsible for the crash. This is crucial especially if the accident report can’t or does not describe the specific details of what happened.
What Will A Lawyer Do To Help?
Now you’re probably wondering: What can a lawyer do to help get your compensation?
- A competent lawyer will be the one to handle the insurance company for you, negotiating until you get the settlement you deserve. They will be the ones creating your statement and representing your interests.
- If ever it’s unable to find who’s at fault, the lawyer will prove the liability for your injuries and determine its true value, thus negotiating the fair settlement based on what was found.
- If necessary, they’ll guide you to filing a personal injury lawsuit, especially if the negligent party or insurance company hasn’t given you the compensation agreed upon.
- While you are taking on the case, a lawyer will be able to explain the laws and regulations to you, so you will be able to understand and decipher the jargon from documents handed to you.
What to Do After a Car Accident?
If you’ve figured into a car accident, here are the things you must do (or have someone do, if you’re injured) to ensure that you get the compensation for it:
- Make sure that you are calm and can think clearly. The first thing to do is to call authorities and seek medical treatment for any injuries you or other people have incurred.
- Have ALL documentations saved, from photos of the crash down to medical records of injuries, as well as the cost of all these expenses? Also, exchange insurance and contact information with parties involved in the crash, as well as witnesses if needed.
- Contact your insurance company and see to it that everything is being taken cared for and that you will get your settlement according to how much was spent and damaged. If ever the negligent party doesn’t contact or the insurance company offers anything less than expected, then it’s time to phone your lawyer to take further action.
Wrapping It Up
You won’t require a lawyer every time you come into a car accident. If the crash has become too severe that you incur charges though, that’s the time you’ll need to find yourself a competent lawyer who will be able to help you out.
Hopefully, this article on the three signs you need to hire car crash lawyers after your car accident to help you out! So don’t wait any longer and look into these signs now.
If you have any questions or want to share your experiences, then comment below. Your thoughts are much appreciated.