Fate Anime is one of the top-rated anime series with a massive fanbase that has ever been released, and it is well worth watching. With so many fantastic releases discovered over the years, it becomes a daunting task for the viewer to cover them through other alternate realities. The Fate Anime Series is the most well-known anime series, with millions of fans worldwide. The compilation included two series and three films.
What is the Fate Anime Series All About?
The story revolves around the Holy Grail War, an epic battle royal in which the Holy Grail summons historical figures to fight for the will-giving power. Shirou Emiya, an honest and hardworking teen, is forced to participate in the Fifth Holy Grail War.
In some ways, the Fate Anime Series is radical; it is a death match between seven masters and seven servants who team up in pairs, one mage, and one servant. It’s a battle to the death. The last one standing receives the Holy Grail, a magical item capable of granting any wish possible, but here’s the catch: the servants are ancient beings who have mastered the ultimate magic. Gilgamesh is one of the most powerful servants of all time, and this is where the fate anime Gilgamesh begins in a modern setting. He was also known as the “First Fate Hero.”
Anime fans can be found all over the world. Fate is one of the most intriguing and interesting animes we have ever seen. However, figuring out how to watch Fate Anime Series in the correct order becomes a little difficult. The Fate Anime Series is listed in chronological order below. So, how do you watch the Fate anime series in order? By reading the following content:
Release order for the Fate franchise
- Fate/Stay Night-anime (2006)
- Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works-movie (2010)
- Fate/Zero-anime (2011)
- Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works-anime (2014)
- Fate/Grand Order-First Order-anime TV movie (2016)
- Fate/Aporcrypha-anime (2017)
- Fate/Stay Night Heaven’s Feel-Movie trilogy (2017-)
- Fate/Extra Last Encore-anime (2018)
There are some spin-off series (for example, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya and web anime Today’s Menu for Emiya Family) that we will not discuss here because they can be watched in any order after finishing the main series (fate/stay night and fate/zero).
List of orders to watch Fate anime
The Fate anime series (1-4) should be watched in order, while 5-9 can be watched in any order.
- Fate Zero
- Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (The series version)
- Fate Apocrypha (A.U.)
- Fate Extra Last Encore (A.U.)
- Fate/Stay Night: Heavens Feel
- Fate Prototype
- Fate/Kalied Liner Prisma Illya
- Today’s Menu for the Emilya Family
- Fate Grand Order First Order
- Fate/Stay Night
- Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works
- Movie Trilogy Fate/Stay Night Heaven’s Feel
- Anime movie Fate/Grand Order
- Anime Fate/Apocrypha
- Anime Fate/EXTRA Last Encore
What Can You Skip?
Many specials in the Fate Series can be skipped because they are unimportant to the main plot.
Here’s a list of things you can skip:
- Fate/stay night TV Reproduction: Recap of Fate/Stay Night
- Fate/Zero: Please! Einzbern Counseling Room: Chibi Shorts explaining more details and history related to the Holy Grail War
- Fate/Zero Remix: Recap of Fate/Zero
- Fate/Zero Café: Alternate Chibi setting where the characters set up a café.
- Fate/Apocrypha Recaps: Recap of Fate/Apocrypha
- Manga de Wakaru! Fate/Grand Order: Special for Fate Project Year End 2018
- Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Recaps: Recap of Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia.
Is Fate available to watch on Netflix?
Netflix currently streams six out of ten Fate series, with many of these titles available globally. If you are unable to view them on Netflix, simply use a VPN. How to Watch Fate Series on Netflix using VPN?
Follow these four simple steps to watch the Fate Anime series on Netflix with a VPN:
- Install and activate a VPN service (we recommend Express VPN).
- Sign in to the VPN app using your username and password.
- Connect to Japan or the appropriate server now and wait for it to connect.
- Watch the Fate series on Netflix by going to “Netflix.”
- If you want to watch it in Japanese, you should connect to the Japanese server.
Although watching it in chronological order may seem appealing, if you’re a first-time viewer, we recommend watching it in release order.
If, on the other hand, you have already seen the series and want to go back and watch it again, the chronological order is recommended.
I hope you found this post useful. If you have any questions or comments about the preceding article, please leave them in the section below. We will gladly assist you.