For the past few years, the internet has turned into a malicious place with malevolent and links, viruses, and Trojans. Nowadays, a data breach is so common that we are always worried that our data might be at risk. This is why you need to follow mitre att&ck framework, which will provide you with the best cybersecurity tips for keeping you safe. Below we will discuss some of those tips.
Six tips of cybersecurity to keep you safe:
- Don’t click everywhere: if you have the liberty to click anywhere, you shouldn’t do it because it can cause you something precious. Any link that compels you to click it can be a malicious one, so open it after proper consideration, or else it can damage it.
- Don’t use anyone else’s device: never, we repeat NEVER share your personal information or enter your credentials via someone else’s phone. Try to use your phone for every little thing, but if you must use someone else’s phone, then share as little information as possible.
- Keep your devices in check: whenever you leave your phone or PC, always lock it and never leave with your secret and important information anywhere easily accessible. Always keep your information hidden from the world (like USBs, post-its, or diaries) in a place that only you know about.
- Keep your digital footprint in check: when you have the habit of keeping your account’s activities in check, you will catch any suspicious account activity. So, it is highly suggested that you keep all the accounts with your personal information (esp. credit card numbers) in check and delete any account that you don’t use anymore. You should also keep the strong password of every account so that you stay safe.
- Stay updated: everyone hates the notifications of software updates. But they are less annoying and frustrating than the viruses and malware which your device might get if you don’t update the software. Software updates are issued when any security reason is discovered, so it is better to download these updates as soon as possible to avoid potential threats.
- Keep a secure backup: in today’s world, one can’t do without backed up data because anyone can be targeted by cybercrime. That is why you need to back up your data and AI cybersecurity at least every week for protection. Storage doesn’t cost as much as your data hack or breach will cause you.
These were some simple cybersecurity tips that can help you in the long run because it’s better safe than sorry.