As we enter the summer season, having an air conditioner at home is crucial for reducing humidity and coping with the stifling heat. Apart from preventing high humidity levels, air conditioners can also help to circulate and filter the air around the room.
There are several other reasons why having an air conditioner at home can be beneficial for you, as listed down below:
- Reducing Humidity: Air conditioners help to reduce humidity in the room. High humidity can cause discomfort and promote the growth of mold and bacteria. Having an air conditioner at your home will help to remove excess moisture and help maintain healthy air quality in the home.
- Filter the Air: The air conditioner is equipped with a filter that can filter the air from harmful particles such as dust, pollen, pollutants, and allergens. This helps reduce the risk of allergies, respiratory diseases and improves indoor air quality.
- Beats Suffocating Heat: Air conditioners help reduce indoor air temperature during hot weather, thus creating a more comfortable and cooler environment. This is especially important in summer when the external temperature can be very high and hard to tolerate.
- Improves Sleep Quality: Air conditioners can create a comfortable sleeping environment with controlled temperatures. Cool temperatures and good air conditions can help you sleep better and avoid sleep disturbances due to heat and humidity.
- Better Productivity and Concentration: Cool and fresh air can increase comfort and focus, thereby helping to increase productivity, especially if you have to work or study at home.
How To Help Air Conditioners Last Longer?
Although air conditioning has significant benefits, however, to ensure optimal performance and longevity, it’s essential to maintain these systems properly. Here are some valuable tips to help you make the best out of your investment and maintain your air conditioner effectively!
1. Choose the Right Size
Before purchasing an air conditioner, ensure you select the appropriate size for the intended space. Installing an undersized unit in a large room will struggle to cool it effectively, potentially leading to damage if operated at maximum capacity. Conversely, an oversized unit in a small room will waste electricity. Consult an air conditioning contractor to determine the ideal size for your space, thus you can avoid common problems associated with improper sizing.
2. Avoid Setting the Temperature Too Low
Often, people set their air conditioners to the lowest temperature, assuming it will cool the room faster. However, this practice is detrimental to the compressor’s health. Instead, set your air conditioner to around 25 degrees Celsius (77 degrees Fahrenheit). This adjustment allows the unit to cool the room gradually, promoting the longevity of the system.
3. Keep the Room Sealed
When using your air conditioner, ensure all doors and windows are tightly shut to prevent cold air from escaping and wasting energy. An open room will force the air conditioner to work harder to maintain the desired temperature, potentially decreasing its lifespan. Keep the area properly sealed for maximum efficiency.
4. Switch Off the Air Conditioner
Switching off the air conditioner when it’s not needed serves two purposes, saving electricity and extending its lifespan. Additionally, it allows the system to maintain its cooling capacity effectively. Make it a habit to turn off the unit, especially if you plan to be away from home for an extended period. You should turn the air conditioner off in the morning upon waking up, afterward open all of the windows in the room to make sure fresh air can get in.
5. Regularly Clean the Air Filter
The air filter in your air conditioner collects dust and debris, which can obstruct the evaporator’s surface. To maintain optimal performance, clean the air filter every two weeks. This simple maintenance task will ensure efficient airflow and prevent unnecessary strain on the system.
6. Schedule Regular Servicing
It is crucial to have your air conditioner professionally serviced and inspected to address minor issues before they escalate into major problems. Schedule regular check-ups with a qualified repair technician, preferably once every three months. During these visits, the technician can clean the unit, check for refrigerant leaks, and assess the overall condition of the air conditioner. Neglecting preventative maintenance can lead to debris accumulation and subsequent system blockages.
Checkout https://www.luceaircon.sg/ shall you need a qualified and professional technician to care for your air conditioner. Their professionally trained technician will definitely be able to keep your air conditioner at optimal quality for a long time.
Remember that an air conditioner is a significant investment, thus proper maintenance is essential to maximize its value. By following these tips above and taking care of your air conditioner, you can enjoy its benefits for many years without worry!