A home is where the heart is at peace
One of life’s biggest achievements is buying your first house. All those years of hard work, dedication, and hardship leading up to the moment feel worth the struggle. While financing your first house is an enormous accomplishment and a worthy investment, it is also a big commitment and you shouldn’t rush into making a decision without doing your homework. There are pros and cons to consider and a number of steps to follow prior to purchasing a house, especially if it’s your first one. A real estate is a good investment, only if done smartly and responsibly.
Here is a list of things to consider before buying your first home:
- Thorough market research: Market research is essential to get your purchase at the right price. Without looking about and analysing the quality and price, you may get ripped off. Real estate prices are dependent on the area, the type of establishment, the quality and of course, the size of the apartment. So pick an area which will be affordable for you and contact different owners to get an idea regarding price. Also physically visit the prospective houses and scan the interior. Furthermore, try to gather data on previous prices, the shifts in prices and the condition of the real estate market to know when the right time to buy a property is.
- Analysing your finances: Affordability is a crucial factor when it comes to buying a home. You should know your spending capacity by analysing your solvency and financial situation. Pick an area which would cater to your present situation and a place which will be suitable while at the same time affordable. Eyeing a house which is beyond your finances is a waste of time as you wouldn’t be able to the pay upfront fee, and might even get yourself disqualified from a loan in the future. So, sit with your bank statements and consult with your bank if needed before reaching a conclusion.
- Make a checklist of your priorities: Once you’re done with the market research and analysed your finances, it’s time to choose a place. Pick an area that will be suitable for your commute and additional factors such as affordability, proximity to your workplace, how close the house is to your children’s school or your partner’s office, how safe the area is, including accessibility to shopping malls along with the transport facility to take you to any part of the city. List them down and think them through before as well.
- Contact a broker: Since you’re planning to buy your first home, it is likely for you to not having experience in buying homes. As a result, it’s a good idea to find a reliable broker or a real estate agent to help you through the process. Look up professional real estate brokers who are experienced in the field and are already consulting clients. Ask around for reviews that will reveal their reliability factor. An agent can not only help you find your suitable house but they can also help you through the negotiation process as well as handle legalities for you. However, do research on potential agents as there are scammers everywhere.
- Make a shortlist of your preferred houses and negotiate: Having checked a few places out, make a list of houses that you liked and submit your offers. Hear the owners out and let them demand a price, so you can then negotiate a fairer deal. Finally, pick your dream house after reaching an agreement with the owner.
- Do a thorough inspection of the house: You don’t want to spend your future in a house with persisting problems, do you? A home is a place where you find comfort, where you plan to raise your children and where you can peacefully go to sleep every night. So it’s essential to know what you’re getting into before making a move. Do a complete inspection of the house yourself and then consult a professional. Inspect the roof, the condition of the walls, the damages are done to the foundation, and of course, check for termites!
- Secure a loan and submit the papers: Move from bank to bank for research so you can land the best loan options offered by financial institutions. Once done with the appraisal, you are now free to secure a loan from a bank and make the payment for your new house. Make sure that all the protocols are met and the paperwork is in order for submission.
- Close the deal and move in! Once the payment is made and the paperwork submitted, you then officially become the owner of your house!
Purchasing and moving into your first house is a significant accomplishment and an indication of your first real success. Find peace and stability in your new home and enjoy the future with your beloved family in your new home. If you’re looking for the perfect place to move into, Sea Pines Plantation Top Real Estate Search could be resourceful.