As a rule, new college students find it challenging to adjust to the tough rules of the academic writing. Typically, it takes time and error before they become comfortable with college- level writing. Use these tips to earn higher marks on your term paper. Also students order own college research papers.
Consider the instructions.
Before you start writing, make sure that you understand clearly what exactly your tutor is asking you to do. Read the assignment instructions carefully. If you have any questions, clarify them with your professor. Students who fail to meet the instructions usually get low grades.
All students know that they shouldn’t wait to the last minute with their papers, but all of them ignore this. In fact, if a tutor gives you a whole semester to write a term paper, there is a reason.
Make an outline.
Before you start researching and writing, set out the future structure of your term paper. That will help you define the direction of your research and figure out the details to be covered.
Get a whole picture.
Use textbooks, encyclopedias, journals and websites to research a subject carefully and get a background. After that, you may drill down into specific details covering the points and the sub-points of your outline.
When you start reviewing your sources, don’t forget to make notes. It is much better to go back to your notes while writing than to look up and down and re-read all the chapters and articles to find a single quote.
Try using mind maps.
If you need an easy but powerful way to plot the information you have about the topic (as well as the information you need to get) – use a mind map. You can use mind mapping software or draw it manually to spark ideas and inspiration.
Use the course website.
Term paper is an assignment that is mostly based on the course materials. In case if you are lacking course notes, you can check the official course website. Sometimes tutors are publishing the texts of lectures there and even audio recordings.
Exclude any irrelevant information you use to meet the word count. Very often students write huge paragraphs full of irrelevant information to reach fill space.
A good thesis statement.
Make sure that your thesis provides a clear insight into the topic of your paper. Your thesis statement should be effective and eye-catching, and your entire paper should be organized around it. Your thesis should include your claim as well as evidence to support it.
Make your paper look like you really care about it! Organize it and do your best to create a nice introduction. Make it clear and express your thoughts in a logical way to let the readers understand your point.
Apply even more efforts.
Edit your paper, revise it and rewrite it. Polish it to make the final version shine.
Seriously, never do that. You will have problems with your grade and school discipline. Remember to cite your sources carefully, because the use of the others’ ideas without a proper citing shall be taken to be plagiarism.
How to Make Your Term Paper Longer
Are you a stuck on writing the last paragraph to finish your paper? Your professor said that it had to be exactly six pages, 12 font, Times New Roman, double-spaced? Read this article to get some suggestions about how to expand term papers or buy term papers online.
Five easy steps to make your term paper longer
- Read your term paper one more time.The best time to do that is after you have already finished your text and had a 20 minute break to let your mind rest and refresh.
- Try to broaden the points you have already made before.It could be easily done by adding more case studies or references to it, or if you are working on an analytical project, you may expand your reasoning more and consider more points of view. That will only make your analysis stronger.
- It is really useful to consider different opinions and facets. That will help you not just understand the area better. But it may bring a new life to your conclusions and make them expanded and more objective. Remember, that increasing your own understanding of the topic will increase your potential to get a higher mark.
- Think about the last idea to express in the conclusion paragraph.In case if you haven’t composed it yet, sum the things up in accordance with a basic fact or the main thesis your analysis has proved or express your own recommendations. A conclusion should entirely finish your work and leave no unanswered questions.
- Cut several long sentences into two and expand each of them more. But avoid expanding them indefinitely since it will make your text look dull and low quality, which will reduce your chance to get a better grade.
- Do some more research. But don’t plagiarize! There is a great difference between copying parts of text elsewhere and interpreting and incorporating the words of other people to support your point of view. You are free to copy a segment of a text that illustrates your idea and format it as a quote.
- Try replacing some short and simple words like “good” with “outstanding”. This little trip of using larger words may help you expand your own vocabulary and make a text or an essay longer. However, try to do that as naturally as possible, because your professor will not be impressed if he/she notices that you are just trying to increase the number of symbols.