Graphic production consists of the set of steps necessary for the materialization of ideas and concepts created through layouts and it is present from the printing of a simple business card to the production of elaborated catalogs. However, in order to obtain the desired result, it is necessary to analyze the most appropriate printing process based on aesthetics, material strength, printing, among others, as well as ensuring that the main production steps are carried out efficiently.
Graphic production of magazines
Printing processes are basically defined by the way the graphics transfer to the paper (base) occurs:
– Direct: in this process it is understood that the transfer occurs directly between the matrix and the substrate and we can highlight the systems of flexography, rotogravure and serigraphy.
– Indirect: there is the use of intermediaries for the transfer, as in the case of offset printing, through the plates.
Printing Process Step
Key Process Steps:
– Pre-Printing: the pre-print consists of a set of actions adopted after the completion of the file and precedes the art print, in order to verify if the files forwarded by the designer meet the conditions requested by the graphic. Its main function is to identify and correct file failures in order to achieve superior print quality.
– Impression: this is the stage where ideas are materialized. It is the printing process itself for the desired substrate.
– Finishing: it is the last step of the graphic process. It is during this process that the last requirements of the application are finalized and the form receives its final form. In order for the process to occur naturally and meet the needs of the client without disturbances, some professionals are fundamental. Everyone, without any degree of importance, should be involved in the project understanding their importance at home stage.
The Graphic Producer is the professional responsible for the development of the production and operates in the three areas: pre-printing, printing and post-production. However, its main attribution is to identify and define the best conditions for each project. In a broader context, this professional also searches for new suppliers, technologies and printing possibilities, giving the customer greater added value, a variety of products and combinations, increasingly customized forms and shorter production times.
The Designer is responsible for developing the files and has the obligation to obtain knowledge about the printing stages. In this way, it is possible to identify the most appropriate elements to be inserted in the layout, to choose the colors that will highlight the most appropriate typology, among other relevant information. It can also assist the graphic producer in closing the file, reducing the chances of failure.
Be sure to hire the trained one
The graphic segment counts on specialized labor for each stage of the productive process, such as: the prepress professional, the offset printer, the operator of the folding machine, packer, among many others. To ensure that your material has the quality you want, be sure to hire trained professionals and choose graphs that offer the conditions for the size of your project. Remember that prices do not always reflect quality. You can use cheap brochure print services but with good quality. The important thing is to make sure every process they do is in accordance with the standards.