Technical SEO plays important roles in improving the rank of a website in a search engine such as Google. However, people often find it hard to manage different techniques of technical SEO. In this way, simplify the SEO techniques could be the most logical thing you should try. But, how to simplify them?
In the attempt to simplify technical SEO, this will be very important to start it by focusing on three main areas.
- Site Structure and Navigation
This is very important to organize the site structure and navigation of the site well. This will lead the visitors of your site as well as the search engine bots to move around site smoothly. In this way, the content of the website can be easily understood and your goal to create the website can be reached effectively:
- To organize the structure and navigation of the site, you need to make sure that the site has been logically organized. This can be done by putting logical and organized hierarchy to allow the visitors to go on more specific content easily after the homepage. The hierarchy should be the root page – related topic listing – specific topic.
- Next, optimize the use of breadcrumbs to allow the users to identify related topic easily.
- The URL structure is the next thing to organized. It should be short description without unnecessary characters. Make sure that the description uses lowercase letters, hyphens, and contain the right keywords.
- Next, you need to make sure that the links can function well, make all pages SSL, and providing well organized internal linking structure.
- Indexing and Crawlability
To provide smooth indexing and crawlability, you can do these following things:
- First, you can check all the essential pages that have been indexed before. Make sure that you can find all of them within the index. This is because you might lose important pages if your website is not crawled correctly by a search engine.
- Then, you need to make sure that all of the important pages are crawlable. It can be done by checking the robots.text and ensure that it doesn’t block pages that you are going to index.
- To improve crawlability and indexing, you can use an XML sitemap. It can be used to help you understand the structure of your site as well as allow the search engine to locate pages.
- Then, you can maximize the use of crawl budget to find out whether your entire website has been successfully crawled by the search engine.
- Manage to use structured data markup. It functions to help the search engine to identify the specific information used in the website which can be formula, recipe, business contact information, job posting, graphs, and more.
- Site Speed
Speed is one of the most important elements in the website. The faster the site speed, the more people will visit the website. To improve the speed of your site, there are some things you can do: