Ad fraud has been increasing recently, and businesses are losing money. If you own a business and leverage digital advertising, ad fraud is a risk worth looking into. You must ensure your ads appear on reputable websites, are properly displayed, and reach your audience.
However, not every business takes Ad fraud seriously. Thus, most business owners don’t care about using ad-verification in their businesses. This post is for you if you haven’t used ad verification before. It will help you know why caring about ad-verification is important.
Let’s get started with everything you need to know about Ad verification..
Understanding Ad Verification
The first thing to know before anything else is what ad verification is. Ad-verification is a process that helps marketers track digital ads. It’s all about monitoring ads throughout their life cycles. The aim is to ensure ads are displayed correctly on websites for the right viewers.
So, what problem does this help solve?
Ad fraud is complicated, and it can involve anyone. Sometimes fraudsters propagate it to compromise business systems and steal data. Your competitors can also use it to weaken your advertising efforts. This is by ensuring your ads don’t reach intended viewers.
They can ensure the ads you place online don’t end up on the right websites. Or, if they do, they get placed out of context, so your target audience doesn’t view them. This is a basic view of how it works, but fraudsters advance their techniques daily; you might not know what’s to come.
Well, these are the things ad-verification can help you prevent. It will help you know where your ads end up. Also, you can know if they got viewed and whether it’s by the intended viewers. Ultimately, you’ll ensure you get the expected returns from your digital advertising efforts.
How Does Ad Verification Work?
Ad verification is an excellent way to prevent rampant ad fraud and safeguard marketing budgets. Marketers set specific terms in their campaign settings. These are the same terms that should be used when posting ads on websites to reach target viewers.
For ad fraud to work, someone needs to interfere with these terms. They need to change them so that the ads end up on the wrong or correct websites but are placed wrongly. This ensures their ads enjoy viewership while competitors’ ads don’t.
Ad verification tracks every ad to the destination website. It uses the terms in the campaign settings to track the ads after deployment. There are verification tags embedded in the ads for tracking. The process uses them to analyze the placement context to verify its appropriateness.
A report from the verification process gets delivered to the advertiser. It can be an individual marketer, or an agency contracted to market a business. The good news about ad verification is that it looks beyond placement. It also looks into ad performance and supports decision-making.
For instance, you can use information from the reports for geo-targeting. This ensures you focus your ads on specific high returns areas. Once you verify locations it becomes easier to target your ads. You can then adapt residential IP proxies to make advertising in these places seamless.
You might be wondering what the point of using ad verification is. It is to introduce a third party into the digital advertising process. This ensures a marketer gets an accurate report of the placement and performance of their ads and uses them to make informed decisions.
Areas Ad Verification Detects
You can use ad verification to detect various things. This includes:
- Site context – We have already mentioned why context is important for digital ads. You can use ad verification to ensure your ad is placed in the right context.
- Ad placement – You can also use ad verification to check your ad’s visibility. This means looking into how well it’s placed on the website.
- Viewability – It’ll be good to ensure your ads get viewed by your audience. Ad verification will make checking how many people view your ads easier.
The Importance of Ad Verification: Why Care About it?
The next step will be exploring why ad verification matters. Why should a business owner consider using this method to know their ad’s placement and performance? Here’re some.
- Protect your company’s reputation – Your ads communicate so much about your business. You should ensure they represent your brand well. Ad verification will help ensure your ads don’t end up on malicious websites and ruin your brand’s image.
- Avoid copyright infringement – ads are the property of your business. Anyone creating copies of your ads and commercializing them violates your ownership rights. The only way to find such culprits is through ad verification.
- Secure customer data – It’s possible to lose data if someone gains access to your system. One way they can do this is by manipulating your digital ads. Ad verification can help you identify such instances quickly and take quick action to prevent data loss.
- Boost ad performance – As mentioned before, ad verification can help you discover how well your ads are placed on websites. This ensures your ads are always visible and perform as expected.
- Avoid resource wastage – You can also use ad verification to prevent resource wastage. It is easy to lose your resources as a marketer if fraudsters access your network.
- Ensure ads stick to your terms – For your ads to get interfered with, someone must gain access to the terms set before advertising. You can ensure your ads stick to these terms using ad verification.
Those are some of the reasons to consider using ad verification. It is time to start if you’ve never cared about it. It would be best to adopt it to ensure your ads deliver the desired results. Also, they’ll help you prevent fraud and use your marketing budget to boost profitability.
Key Takeaway: Ad Verification Plays A Critical Role in Advertising
Ad-verification is essential for every business. It helps protect your business from malicious people who target businesses that have invested in digital advertising. It can help you verify that your ads have reached the target audience by checking their placement and context.
Ad-verification can save your business a significant amount of money. As mentioned before, more businesses are leveraging digital advertising. Fraudsters know that this is now a lucrative marketing aspect that they can target. So, start using ad-verification today to keep them away.