Netflix is one of the world’s most popular video-on-demand services. It is available in 190 countries and has around 120 Million subscribers all around the world. The video streaming service creates exclusive content for all the regions wherever their service is available. Users can enjoy the content in Full HD and Ultra high definition resolution. Netflix is available on all the platforms from Android, iOS, iPad, computer, and laptop to Apple TV, PS4, Xbox One, etc.
Sometimes unexpected errors and problems ruin your experience. If you get an error or Netflix won’t load a message on your display, then you should first check Netflix’s service status, otherwise, troubleshoot it. If the service is down, then it is an issue on Netflix’s side they will resolve it.
Let us have a look at some of the most common Netflix errors faced by its users and how to resolve them.
Most common Netflix error faced by its users:
1- Netflix Error TVQ PB 101: This is one of the most faced Netflix errors by users when they are checking out Netflix content from various devices such as PS3, Xbox, Laptops, Smartphones, and more.
There are a few reasons why you can face this error, some of those reasons are when the Netflix server is down, your device must be facing some error, you may have a bad internet connection, and more.
In case you want to solve this error then firstly you should check your internet connection and figure out if it’s working fine or not. If your internet connection is showing some errors then you should get it repaired and you would be able to get rid of Netflix Error TVQ PB 101.
2- Netflix Error NW 2-5: It represents the network connectivity issue, which means the problem lies on your side. However, the Netflix Error NW 2-5 looks like “Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in X seconds”.
If your internet connection is not working/down, then contact ISP (internet service provider) to rectify the issue of “internet not working.”
If you’re working on Wi-Fi, then try to improve your connection strength by moving close to your Wi-Fi Router.
After following the above steps, if Netflix Error NW 2-5 is still there on your screen then switch to the Ethernet cable, if your host device accepts wired connections.
3- Netflix Error 12001: The Error Code 12001 pops up on the Android Device while watching videos. The Netflix Error 12001 means that there is some information stored on the Netflix app which needs to be cleared or refreshed before proceeding.
Restart your Android Device: You should shut down your Android Device and after some time restart it. Then try to play a video in the Netflix app again.
Clear Netflix App data: It will delete all the titles which you have downloaded in the app and any other data also. This method will fix your problem. Follow the steps below to clear Netflix app data.
- Go through the settings and tap on the Apps or applications menu present in the settings of your phone.
- You will see the App’s list currently installed on your phone. Now locate the Netflix App in the list.
- Tap on the Netflix App, enter into the storage section, and tap on the Clear cache button.
- That’s it, try to reopen the Netflix app now.
Switch internet connection: Try to connect to a different internet connection. Because of some connections, streaming is prohibited. The most common networks with these types of restrictions are Public Wi-Fi, school, or college networks. So change your connection to check whether the problem is with the network or not.
4- Netflix Error1011 & 1012: Both Errors are the most common problems on iPhone and iPad. You can rectify Netflix Error 1011 and 1012 errors by following these two ways. First, you have to go through the network connection troubleshooting fixes we have listed while troubleshooting other errors. Second, if the problem remains, then you have to reset your Netflix App on your Smartphone or Tablet.
– Open the iPhone/iPad settings.
– Locate the Netflix App and Tap on it.
– Now you will get some options, from there you have to select reset.
– Open Netflix again and sign in.
5- Netflix Error 1016: It is a common Netflix problem faced by iOS users. Netflix Error 1016 generally appears if your device is not connected to a good internet connection.
Try to Switch internet connections: Try to connect to a different Wi-Fi or Internet connection as in some connections, the streaming is prohibited. The most common networks with these types of restrictions are public Wi-Fi, school, or college networks. Change your network to check whether the problem is with the network or not.
Turn ON/OFF Airplane Mode: If you’re using your data on the phone and getting Netflix Error 1016. Then you should turn ON Airplane mode for at least 30 seconds and then turn it OFF.
If the problem still exists try restarting your phone or tablet.
6- Netflix Error 100: It appears on your screen when the App refresh is needed to clear stale information on your device. To Refresh the data of your device follow the instructions below.
Amazon Fire TV/ Stick:
- Restart: Unplug your device from power for at least 1 minute. After that Plugin your device back in and try Netflix again.
- Try to connect to a different connection: Try to connect to a different Wi-Fi or internet connection. Sometimes Netflix access is disabled on some connections. Internet connections at a public Wi-Fi, school, or college network disable connectivity to these streaming services. Change your network to check whether the problem is resolved or not.
- Reset your Amazon Fire TV Stick: Resetting to default will delete all the saved passwords, and information stored on it. You can follow the instructions below to reset Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Press Home on the remote of Amazon Stick.
- Go to the Settings and then select System.
- Now Select restore Factory defaults.
- After that try Netflix Again.
Smart TV: In the past few years, smart TVs are becoming more popular than the normal ones. So if you get Netflix Error 100 on your TV, then refresh its data by following the steps below.
- Soft Reset: You have to press the power button until the screen turns off. After about 1 minute you have to turn on your TV and try Netflix again.
- Try Restarting your TV. First, you have to plug off the TV for 1 min. After that, you can plug in back and turn on your TV, and try Netflix again.
- If the problem still exists, then there might be a problem in the firmware of your TV. Check the software updates, if nothing exists try contacting TV support.
We all know that Netflix is a huge brand, but we can face errors with that too. Here in this post, we have discussed some of the most common Netflix errors you can face, along with its solutions.