India is a country with a maximum number of potential science students graduating every year. Needless to say, science is the most interesting subject yet most difficult to comprehend when it comes to the curriculum recommended for classes 11 and 12 where most of the base is created in Class 11 itself. Although Science as a subject may be challenging to some students, Chemistry is one of the subjects that students of class 11 often struggle with. The reason for this behavioral pattern is that the concepts associated with Chemistry are sometimes difficult to comprehend. As a result, they often find it difficult to have a complete understanding of the topics covered in the subject. Students can refer to the course material published by NCERT which is an integral part of the curriculum.
National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) is responsible for creating a curriculum for CBSE. NCERT is also responsible for publishing recommended books for academic institutions operating under CBSE. Thus, it is always a better idea to take the assistance of NCERT Chemistry Book Class 11, or if students wish they can also download the PDF available online. This will further accelerate their learning process while saving time. The book has been designed in such a way that its simple language is more easily comprehended by students rather than any other study materials. It puts more focus on establishing and strengthening the basics of Chemistry.
NCERT Class 11 Chemistry book has two parts. It comprises an in-depth analysis of every topic in the syllabus prepared for CBSE. Additionally, there are exercises and explanations after every chapter, which can be used for revision. Both the parts are also available for download.
NCERT 11 Chemistry book consists of a total of 14 chapters. It includes important chapters like the structure of atoms, redox reactions, states of matter, etc. In addition, for students who are preparing for any competitive exams like NEET, JEE, etc. this book is essential to include in your daily study routine. Many ask how to remember all these topics of Chemistry thus, we have brought you some quick tips for each chapter so that you won’t have to suffer the consequences.
- First chapter is ‘Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry. In this chapter, the basic concept of chemistry is explained. Moreover, this is the introductory chapter for class 11 students that will help you build the base for further chapters. This chapter continues with a study of the history of the subject. Later, it is followed by the discussion of the nature of different matters and the importance of Chemistry. It is easier to understand when you have some figurative data or illustration to refer to, thus, you can check the exercise section present at the end of this chapter. Visual representation helps in developing interest in the topic.
- Chapter two is ‘Structure of Atom’ which deals with atoms and their foundation. Atoms are the smallest part of any element. The theories are also explained in detail using simple language. you will learn about the atomic structures, and the exercise section help you in revision for your better learning.
- Chapter third is ‘Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties’ which is an essential part of the syllabus where the periodic table is provided. It is the most important topic of all time in chemistry. This chapter also explains the development of periodic law and period tables. Apart from this table, you will also get to know the periodic classifications, which is a logical explanation of an atom’s electronic configuration. Later, you will examine different periodic trends in the chemical as well as physical properties of different elements.
- Chapter four is ‘Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure’. In this chapter, you get to know about molecules, chemical bonds as well as the mechanism with which atoms operate. This chapter explores the bonds and structure of various atoms. Relevant examples and diagrams are provided for an in-depth analysis of the topic.
- Chapter five is ‘The States of Matter’. Since you have learned about properties associated with a single particle, it is much easier to comprehend this chapter. It involves the chemical properties of substances. In this fifth chapter of the book, you will understand the various physical matter of substances and their specific characteristics.
- Chapter six is named ‘Thermodynamics’ The study of chemical energy transformation is known as thermodynamics. In this chapter, you will be able to learn about the terminology, heat measurement, etc. However, it is a better idea to take the assistance of the exercise section given at the end of this chapter to revise this lesson. In this chapter, you will understand it in detail. This chapter discusses chemical equilibrium in both physical and chemical processes. Also, there are diagrams and equations to help you build a deeper understanding of this concept.
- Chapter eight is ‘Redox Reactions’. Transformation occurring via various reactions is the best way to learn this topic. One important category of such reactions is redox reactions, which is thoroughly explained with the types of reactions.
- Chapter nine is ‘Hydrogen’. In this chapter, you will learn about Hydrogen and its properties, hydrides, etc. You can also solve the exercise section to know more about this element and its key concepts.
- Chapter ten is ‘The s-Block Elements.’ As the name suggests, groups one and two belong to this section of the periodic table. In this chapter, you will learn about these elements in more detail. You will study their properties as well as their proper utilization in chemistry. Moreover, going through the exercise will allow you to understand these elements in a profound way.
- Chapter eleven is ‘The p-Block Elements. In this chapter p-Block elements are covered with a detailed explanation. Chapter 11 of NCERT chemistry class 11 textbook explains this set of elements even further.
- Chapter twelve is Organic Chemistry. This chapter includes some basic principles.
- In the previous chapter, i.e. chapter 11, you studied how carbon has a distinctive property named catenation. In this chapter, you will study organic compounds.
- Chapter thirteen is ‘Hydrocarbons’ that deals with a compound that has carbon and hydrogen molecules, known as hydrocarbons. Some examples include coal and petroleum. As you can analyze, it is an interesting chapter that gives you an insight into the chemical structures of different things used in daily life.
- Chapter fourteen is ‘Environmental Chemistry’. In this last chapter, you will learn about the origin, transport, reactions, effects of various chemical species in the environment. This chapter provides you with a more in-depth idea of various problems associated with the environment. Apart from that, numerous exercises will help you get a better understanding of the topic.