Due to Minecraft Java not responding, I’m not able to build, mine, battle mobs and explore the ever-changing Minecraft landscape. I tried many times, but every time it kept not responding. How frustrating it is! If you’re also a Minecraft lover and facing this issue like me, I’ll help you get rid of this.
Firstly, I want to clear out that you’re not alone facing this problem. Every Minecraft player faces this issue. Here, I’ll walk through some simple and effective ways to solve this Minecraft Java not responding issue.
What is Minecraft and the reason behind causing Minecraft Java not responding?
Minecraft is a video game developed by Mojang studio in which players can create various kinds of blocks in three-dimensional worlds.
In a short time, the game got a massive engagement and was played by thousands of players worldwide.
Minecraft is compatible with both iOS and Android devices along with its flagship PC application.
However, the error we’re talking about in this article is not new for the Minecraft players.
It can be due to the specifications of your computer. However, there can be another reason also for the game becoming unresponsive.
Below, we’ll show you some reasons for causing this error.
- Outdated Windows:- If your Windows is obsolete, there are chances for causing this issue.
- Outdated Java version:- You might experience not responding issues if your Java platform is obsolete.
- Incomplete or corrupt Minecraft installation:- Corrupt or incomplete Minecraft installation can also be the reason for causing this issue.
- Mods:- You should have mods if you want to play Minecraft without any interruption.
- Video drivers:- If your video drivers are incomplete, your game will go into an unresponsive state.
- Outdated Minecraft:- The game might refuse to launch if you have its older version.
Keep reading the article to explore some efficient ways to solve this issue.
Ways to solve Minecraft Java not responding issue
Let’s see some simple and effective ways to fix Minecraft getting into an unresponsive state.
1. Update Java
Minecraft utilizes several Java files to run. So you can update the Java version if your game crashes.
Here are the steps for updating Java and resolving this issue.
- Right-click on My computer icon on the desktop of your PC.
- Click on Properties and check the type of operating system installed on your computer.
- Now, you have to download the Java files and save them on your computer.
- Extract the Java file, open it and copy it.
5 Press the Windows key+ E to open the file explorer and browse the following paths;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java
- You have to paste the copied Java files on these paths.
- Launch the Minecraft game and click on Edit profile.
- Check the executable option and replace the correct path under the Java settings.
- Restart your computer whether the problem gets resolved or not.
2. Update video drivers
- Press Windows key+R to open the run dialogue box and type devmgmt.msc in it.
- Click on the Ok button and select Device manager.
- Now, you have to expand the display adapters.
- Right-click on the graphic software and select Update driver.
5 Now, you have two options for updating your drivers. One is Search automatically for updated drivers, and the second is Browse my computer for updated drivers.
- Choose any one option and start the updating process.
- After completing the update process, restart your computer and check if the problem persists.
3. Disable Discord Overlay
Sometimes Discord overlay can also cause Minecraft Java not responding error.
- Launch Discord and click on the Settings icon.
- Open the Overlay tab and click on Enable in-game overlay.
- Now, launch your Minecraft and check whether it is working correctly or not.
4. Remove incompatible software
Sometimes a Norton antivirus present in your system can also cause this not responding issue.
The software can block things that you do not even want to stop. In this case, you can uninstall or remove the software to fix this issue.
There are many other applications that are incompatible with your Minecraft game. So you can remove all these applications to keep your game working without any interruption.
5. Reinstall your Minecraft
If none of the above methods works, you can try this method.
- Press Windows key + R to open the run dialogue box.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the box and press the Ok button.
- Now, you have to right-click on Minecraft and select uninstall.
- Again, press Windows key+R to open the run dialogue box and type %appdata% in it.
- Click on the Ok button and right-click on the .minecraft folder.
- Click on the Delete to remove all the files related to Minecraft.
- After doing all this, restart your computer and check whether the issue gets resolved or not.
I hope the information outlined in this article will help you resolve Minecraft Java not responding issues. Normally, reinstalling your Minecraft can solve the problem. But if you are still facing it, we’ll recommend you update your Microsoft or Java version.