CLEANING VINYL SIDING
Vinyl siding is one of the various materials used on the exterior of houses and other buildings. It is the most commonly used exterior cladding. It is the most convenient for use. This is because it does not require painting and it’s easy to maintain. The advantages of choosing vinyl siding is not just because of its easy maintenance status but also because it is very affordable and you have a wide range of varieties to choose from. They are available in various colors, styles, and textures. Vinyl siding is the most popular siding option in the United States. Homeowners around the country choose vinyl siding because of its affordability and variety of benefits. These benefits include energy efficiency, fade resistance, weather protection, beauty, and low maintenance. Another reason to choose vinyl siding is because it is very easy to install and very durable.
Vinyl siding is the perfect addition for homes of any kind. With the right technical know-how, maintaining it can be a smooth process.
THE RIGHT WAY TO CLEAN VINYL SIDING
Vinyl siding is an exterior product. As such, it accumulates a ton of dirt, stains, and dust. The good news is that no matter the amount of dirt it accumulates, it’s even easier to clean. The best way to clean vinyl siding is with the use of something soft in order to prevent scratches and maintain the smooth surface. A simple piece of cloth or a soft brush would do it justice. You have to pay close attention to your process of cleaning as well, in order to get the best out of your effort. The perfect movement when cleaning is a bottom to top motion. Also, be sure to rinse thoroughly as you work your way up.
There are numerous choices of solutions to pick from. The right solution has a major role to play in the cleaning of your vinyl siding. Here are a few good solutions to choose from:
- The beauty of this is that you do not need to break the bank to get this solution. It can easily be made from the comfort of your kitchen by just mixing in a ratio of 7 to 3 water and vinegar. This mixture is great for removing minor mold and mildew stains.
- Some stains are much more stubborn and your kitchen mix might not be able to handle then we make our second even more potent homemade solution. This is made by mixing in the ratio 2 to 1 household cleaner and your laundry detergent. This mixture doesn’t end her but would be made stronger by adding about a 100ml of liquid bleach and some water. This mixture would clean out stubborn stains. You have to take caution when cleaning vinyl siding with landscaping. In order not to damage your landscaping, a mixture of water and oxygen bleach would do justice to it without any sort of damage.
- For use with a pressure washer; which is way easier, you can go for a natural cleanser. The use of a pressure washer requires being delicate by pointing the pressure washer straight at the siding in order to prevent water entering behind the siding. Always ensure you do not keep the pressure focused at a point for too long to avoid cracking your vinyl siding.
- For rust stains, you have to use cleaners specially formulated for this purpose in order to get proper cleaning of your vinyl siding done.
- For tough mold stains, you could engage the use of clove oil in killing the spores before washing them off. This is an environmentally friendly method. This solution of clove oil can be by just mixing clove oil and water in the ratio 4 to 1. This method is not very instant because you would be required to leave the clove oil in mold overnight to kill it before washing it off.
- Another solution is Borax solution. This is done by just mixing the borax solution in warm water and use to clean with a piece of cloth or soft brush.
Above all you have to pay close attention to your health as well and wear protective clothing when cleaning with bleach and chemicals. Above all regular cleaning is the main secret to having a beautiful looking vinyl siding.
WHAT YOU MUST NOT DO
- Avoid the use of any vinyl siding cleaner with organic solvents, undiluted chlorine bleach, liquid grease remover, nail polish remover, or furniture polish or cleaners. They are dangerous to the surface of your vinyl siding.
- Avoid abrasive cleaning tools. Abrasive tend to leave scratches, discoloration and possibly punctures on your vinyl siding.
- Avoid using too much pressure washer when cleaning. If you must power wash and do not know what to look out for, be sure to employ the services of a professional.
The choice of vinyl siding is a very important decision for you and your family. Legacy Service is a certified contractor with decades of experience to help you make that change. With the many different styles of vinyl siding to choose from, you will want to know you’re in the best hands possible to see you through your project from start to finish At Legacy Services, we’ve got you covered with the best cleaning method and solution choice. Our website is always open to our prospective customers who have the need to keep their vinyl siding looking good as new. Our siding cleaning is well known for professionalism. Cleaning can breathe new life into old objects. When you decide how to clean, you appreciate the beauty in vinyl siding.