You’ve been told for years that the mobile revolution is coming and your business better be prepared. Well, the mobile revolution is upon us… Is your business ready?
The Future Is Now
The future of technology, society, and business is the mobile arena. For years now we have known this was coming and with nearly 67% of the world owning a mobile phone, it looks like this future is finally here. If you want to compete in modern business, you have to have a mobile presence. If you want to be successful in modern business, you need to have a strong mobile brand.
Right now, you may be asking yourself what the difference between having a mobile presence and mobile branding is. Having a strong mobile presence is ensuring your website is mobile-ready with extra attention placed into mobile-specific aspects. Just like a store, you want your customers to find the information and products they want as quickly as possible. Zooming, pinching, and excessive scrolling become a lot of tedious work that will drive potential customers right out of your virtual door.
Mobile-Specific Aspects to Look At
- Keep things inline to avoid excessive side scrolling.
- While mobile internet speeds are growing, remember not everyone is using the latest tech. Watch placing too many videos or over-using graphics to reduce data usage and load times.
- An easy to use and navigate menu will give your customers the store directions they need.
Mobile branding is the process of making your business known as a major player in the mobile arena. This is a multi-step process that requires planning and legwork on the part of all departments. Exactly how much you plan and what steps you include depend on factors such as your company and industry.
One thing that needs to be included in all mobile branding and marketing plans is a dedicated mobile app. Increasingly, mobile users are turning to apps instead of traditional web searches to perform tasks, do specific searches, and spend a lot of money.
It is possible to create one or more apps in-house and it may seem like a cost-effective idea at first, but in the long-run, you will likely spend a lot more on market research, design, maintenance, and the many other tasks included with developing and running a successful app.
It’s much easier to take some of that load off with a professional app developer company. A company that specializes in app development end-to-end app development can save your teams a lot of time and money by getting things right the first time around. When shopping around for an app developer to design a new app, or update an existing one (this should be done regularly), there are some things to look for:
- The mobile market is still segmented between operating systems, and your app developer better handle Android and iOS at the very minimum.
- Testing is always important for any business expansion, and a reputable app developer will do rigorous testing on every app designed.
- Having access to user and consumer data can make or break your app developer.
The mobile revolution is not on its way. It’s here and in full-force. Your business needs to be ready or die trying.