Traditional project management techniques in the construction industry are expensive and ineffective. This is even worse when working with large projects where projects take more time to complete and sometimes even eats up the budget without meeting the goals. Thankfully, software systems have been introduced to simplify construction practices. In addition, things can get more streamlined by enrolling for instructor-led construction project management training online, which can help you understand the basics and get your working going.
In this post, I have listed some of the top commercial construction project management software solutions.
Just continue reading to know more.
What is construction project management software?
Construction project management software is a solution designed to make construction management practices easier for contractors, home builders, remodelers and many other professionals.
Construction project management software is a service that helps construction firms from the beginning of the project to the end. It helps to ensure a project spends the allocated budget appropriately, it is completed within the set deadlines and quality is maintained.
The best part of construction management software solutions is that they enable you to evaluate construction risks. Great commercial construction project management software will also help to deliver quality construction projects as well as services.
Top commercial construction project management software: Procore, CoConstruct, PlanGrid, BuilderTrend.
Today, there are more than 200 construction software services in the market. Each software solutions are designed with functionalities including customer management, accounting, project scheduling, project estimating and more. The construction industry has seen a huge merger between large and small companies.
Let’s get into the list of the best project management software for commercial real estate construction.
Procore is a cloud-based construction management solution that was launched in 2003 to help construction companies to complete their projects effectively and in an accountable manner. Procore achieves this by ensuring communication is streamlined and every phase is documented.
This software solution was designed based on three key ideas where the company gets feedback from customers concerning issues that affect them, the company then develops user-friendly systems and ensures customers are able to use the system with ease.
The best part about Procore is that developers collaborate with users to integrate new features into the software. The developers work closely with customers to understand their needs and concerns and the engineering team design services to help customers to effectively work on their projects.
Another best part of Procore as a construction project management software is that it allows users to collaborate on projects and view documents like contracts, drawings, schedules and more.
Also, architects, general contractors, and construction management companies can edit and share project data from their sites which is then transmitted to their facility owners through their portfolios.
- Saves time and money.
- Easy to use.
- It is packed with all project management functionalities in one location.
- It is well-developed and convenient to use in the field.
- Designed with easy to use interface and organized tools and applications.
- Best for pros and novices.
- When starting to use Procore, it might seem difficult but when you get used to it, it becomes easier.
- The price of Procore is slightly higher.
- The regular updates modify the view of the software which may sometimes be confusing for users.
If you check on the commercial construction project management software reviews, you will find that CoConstruct is one of the best-rated software in the market today. This is because it is the best solution when it comes to project, client and financial management for both home builders and remodelers.
CoConstruct is also web-based and mobile construction project management software designed to help builders, clients and construction companies with activities such as planning, budgeting, scheduling, and communication.
This software is designed with a free demo that highlights all the key features. It enables users to manage their construction projects from their desktop, laptops and even tablets.
The greatest part of this software solution is that it is uniquely designed to boost your company’s productivity.
- Easy to use.
- Outstanding customer support.
- Packed with all the features a remodeling company or a building company needs.
- Constant updates make CoConstruct a useful software solution.
- It is packed with tons of functionality for tracking schedules, discussions, decisions, and budgets.
- Streamlines communication, best for client, project and financial management.
- In the start, the software seems difficult to use but when you get used to it, it becomes easier.
- The accounting section with QuickBooks and zero are not perfect.
- It comes with tons of features which make it difficult to learn the software, especially for beginners.
If you are a general contractor, specialty contractor or a homeowner looking for a construction management solution, then PlanGrid is for you. PlanGrid is an intuitive solution that is packed with useful tools for effective construction management needs. It streamlines collaboration on project plans via mobile devices and desktops in real time.
The best part of this software is that it enables project teams to access drawing and all relevant documents such as progress photos, specifications and project drawings. It also synchronizes data and revisions automatically to all the project team members.
PlanGrid is packed with useful tools for issue tracking, field reporting, and project documentation. PlanGrid has been used by numerous construction companies for tons of projects. PlanGrid offers a mobile app available on iOS, Android, Windows.
- It is designed with unlimited sheets.
- Has a fast and helpful support team.
- It is easy to use.
- It is designed with sharing and collaborating features.
- It is a powerful software solution for field use.
- It is intuitive.
- Allows you to edit your drawings and contact people pertinent to the job.
- It is great when it comes to making plans and report.
- It has insufficient filters for reports.
- Customer support is accessed through chats and not phone.
- It lacks a back button.
- It might not be useful when organizing large-scale projects.
BuilderTrend similar to CoConstruct is also web-based construction management software developed for home builders, general contractors, and remodelers. The best part about BuilderTrend is that it integrates functions such as project scheduling, customer management, project management, financial management and services management in one suite.
Being web-based, you can access BuilderTrend anywhere at any time on a computer or mobile device.
- Easy to use.
- It combines all the essential functions in a single suite.
- Easy to upload photos.
- Offers streamlines communication among project teams.
- Great on desktops and mobile devices.
- It is somehow complicated for a beginner.
- It somehow expensive.
Although there is many other project management software for commercial real estate construction, we found these 4 to be the best in the market today. We hope you will be able to pick yours and ditch your traditional construction practices.