Saturday, September 26, 2020
Home Social Media Blind Facebook Engineer Developed Technology For Sightless

Blind Facebook Engineer Developed Technology For Sightless

A blind employee of Facebook is designing a tech that will employ AI (Artificial Intelligence) to verbalize the content of a video or an image and allow the visually disabled to “look” and verify appropriate content for advertisers and people. Matt King, the Facebook engineer, is heading a project that is creating solutions for visually disabled users on the website that might ultimately be employed to verify videos and images that customers need to prevent or that violate terms of Facebook for use.

Blind Facebook Engineer Developed Technology For Sightless

“More than 2 Billion images are shared all over Facebook each day. That is a case where a machine-supported solution contributes a lot more worth than a human-supported solution ever might,” CNBC mentioned King as claiming this week to the media in an interview. King, who came into this world with a degenerative eye disorder named as retinitis pigmentosa, lost his eyesight by the time he received his education and began working at IBM with the accessibility projects of the tech major.

He operated on a screen reader to assist visually disabled individuals “look” what is on their display either via a braille device or audio cues. IBM ultimately for a graphical interface designed the first screen reader. He operated with the accessibility group till Facebook employed him in 2015 from IBM. At Facebook, he operates on functions to assist individuals with disabilities employ the website, such as coming up with methods to navigate the website employing only audio cues or adding captions to videos.

“Anyone who has any type of disorder can advantage from Facebook. They can design helpful connections and recognize that their disorder does not have to describe them, to restrict them,” King claimed. One of his important projects is “computerized alt-text,” which audibly defines what is in Facebook pictures. When computerized alt-text was rolled out in April 2016, it was only accessible on the iOS app in 5 languages. Now it is accessible in more than 29 languages on the iOS, web, and Android for Facebook.

“The things individuals post most often sort of has a restricted vocabulary related with it,” claimed the engineer from Facebook. “It makes it achievable for us to have one of those cases where if you can deal with 20% of the problem, it deals with the remaining 80% of the issue. It is getting that concluding 20% which is a difficult job, but we are reaching there,” he claimed.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Leo Vegas: The star of online casinos

Online casinos are a great diversion for anyone looking for relaxation and a chance for extra income. These are sites open 24 hours a...

Why People Are Showing Interest In Taking Up Freelance Software Development

It is not a surprise to see that the world is increasingly changing, and companies are changing alongside it – or else, increasing their...

Bitcoin Rush Review (2020) – Trading Platform For Cryptocurrencies

Bitcoin Rush is an excellent automated trading system for cryptocurrencies in the crypto market. This platform can be considered for good trading that can...

Bitcoin Fast Profit Review (2020) – An Automated Crypto Trading System

Nowadays many people are taking a huge interest in Bitcoin Fast Profit, an automated trading system for cryptocurrency, since it is possibly making many...