With the advent of cyber crimes and the ever-evolving threats posed by these acts, many companies have found that hiring a Cyber Security as a service Company is essential to protect their business from outside threats. For this reason, many companies, large and small alike, are looking towards security experts who can offer the advice and assistance needed to keep the company safe. In fact, there are several tips that companies who are looking for such services should follow to ensure the safety of their data and information from becoming compromised. Here are some of these tips:
– Keep the data encrypted – In most cases; it is easy to assume that a computer is secure when it is not. To make sure that the data on the company’s systems is encrypted at all times, it is important that employees install software such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and VPN (Virtual Private Network). These two technologies work in conjunction with each other and provide a way to encrypt data at rest while it is online.
– Minimize internet usage – A company may choose to limit its internet usage during office hours or at times when it is unlikely that employees will be using the computer. This can be done by changing browsers’ settings so that the internet is either disabled or limited to certain computer platforms. Similarly, the amount of time that employees spend browsing the internet may also be capped. It may also be a good idea to limit downloading apps to only certain devices. If a device must be used for downloading apps, it should be the employee’s own.
– Create an internal system to track the progress and availability of all security services. – An internal tracking system can help a company to monitor the progress of all its employees, especially those who access the company’s confidential data online. Employees can be given access only after they have been granted permission by the head of the company. It may also be a good idea to create separate sections in the computer system for tracking such activities. Each section could have a log-in ID, username, password, and verification code.
– Create a password application. There are several online companies that offer password software for business use. Some applications require no software download. Companies can create a password application that allows employees and customers to access sensitive information online without fear of their information getting into the wrong hands.
– Hire a firewall. A firewall is a type of machine that analyzes data packets and then classifies them as dangerous or harmless based on their characteristics. Firewalls may block some types of data but can also detect certain types of data passing through. A company can avoid many threats to its information by installing a firewall. A company may also choose to rent a firewall from a third party if it cannot install one on its own.