Nowadays, computers are no longer just for performing productive things, but it have become an entertainment-centric gadget. You can use it for playing games, listening to music and watching videos. If you’re a music lover, a sound card will be an essential part of your computer.
A sound card will give you a next-level audio experience. Moreover, these cards come with features like integrated amplifiers, a diverse range of I/O and encoding/decoding audio. You will find a dozen sound cards in the market. So choosing the right one will be a daunting task.
If you’re also feeling trouble finding the right sound card, you can check out this article on the best sound card in 2021.
What do you mean by a sound card, and why should you use it?
It is an expansion IC that will allow you to produce sound on your PC. However, there are many reasons for using a sound card on your device such as below.
- You can use a sound card to improve the sound quality of your system.
- It will prevent electrical interference from other components.
- The sound card will help you reduce load and CPU usage.
- You will get an excellent sound experience while playing the game.
1. Asus Xonar AE
This sound card will easily fit in your budget. You will get an increased gaming experience with a 3D audio effect and a 7.1 sound card.
It comes with a Jack-sensing panel, HD sound and audio adjustment that make it distinct from other sound cards.
Asus sound card comes with a signal-to-noise ratio of 110 dB that will enable you to enjoy a clearer sound.
One big plus point about this sound card is that it has an in-built 150-ohm headphone amplifier.
This 50-ohm headphone amplifier will provide you with rich and detailed sound.
However, you will get a wide range of driver options with this sound card like 192 kHz, 44.1 kHz and 96 kHz.
- It will provide you with a better sound effect.
- This sound card is of high-quality material.
- It is affordable.
- You can easily install drivers.
- It comes with low volume output.
2. Sound Blaster Z
Sound Blaster Z is the best sound card that comes with an I/O panel. It will give you a high-quality audio experience.
It is compatible with all versions of the Windows operating system and has a good dual-microphone array standard.
You can accelerate advanced voice and audio technology with its sound core 3D audio processor.
It can create the next level of 3D sound effect with SBX Pro studio sound technology.
- It will give you an excellent in-game experience.
- The sound card will provide you with a crystal clear sound.
- You can use it with optical connectors.
- It will offer an easy to navigate driver suite.
- The output from the headphone is not very good.
3. EVGA NU Audio Card
EVGA NU Audio Card is the best sound card that you can use with high-end output devices.
It will provide you with the ten modes of RGB audio-reactive lighting and a variety of input and output options.
- It will produce a perfect sound with Atmos, Dolby and DTS.
- The software is easy to use.
- It is stable with the software interaction with Windows 10.
- It comes with poor quality control features.
4. Asus Essence STX II
It will provide you with a high-quality audio experience with 124 dB SN. The sound card is compatible with the Windows 7 operating system.
You can adjust the sound according to your requirements.
- It will give you a high-quality audio experience with speakers and headphones.
- The sound card is compatible with several operating systems.
- It will not fit in your budget.
AudioQuest is another best sound card on the list that is compatible with Android and Apple devices.
You can play all the media files from MP3 to 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution audio files with this sound card.
The sound card is compatible with Windows and Linux operating system. It will provide you with the perfect digital control with minimal effort.
- It is compatible with all devices.
- The sound card is easy to use and compact.
- It will fit your budget.
- AudioQuest will provide you with good power output.
- It will offer a crystal clear sound.
- Audioquest sound cards will not provide you with an independent volume controlling facility.
So here are some best sound card listed above in the article. However, we also cover the pros and cons of each sound card to help you choose one that meets your requirements. So make your choice and start experiencing a next-level audio experience.