In a world where more and more people are shopping online, a business website is a must. Whether you are a small business, a growing one, or an established company, you need a website to reach and engage with your customers, check this company to know more.
Unfortunately, there are website owners who think having an attractive website is enough to attract and convert customers. Firstcom Solutions the best web design company in Singapore.
That said, here are the top five elements of a good website that will help you take your business to the next level.
1. The 5 W’s that Highlight Key Information about Your Business
People won’t buy anything from you until they know who you are and trust you. Therefore, it is essential to communicate your business to potential customers using the 5 W’s.
- Who: Who are you? Who are the people behind the website? Let your potential customers know everyone behind your business on the about us
- What: What are the services or products you offer? Make sure you have a clear page that highlights all the things that you have to offer.
- Where: Where can your customers get your products or services? Is it available online, or do they have to visit a brick and mortar store? If they can get your products both online and offline, make sure to highlight it.
- Why: Why should someone buy from you? What makes you better than your competitors? Highlight it on your website.
- When (and how): When can a customer contact you? And how? Make sure your support information is readily available on your website.
Irrespective of which page a visitor lands on your website, they should be able to ascertain what your business is all about.
2. User-Friendly Navigation
If someone visiting your website for the first time cannot find products or information they are looking for, they will likely bounce back to your competitor’s website. Thus, make your website’s navigation as simple as possible. Here are some ways to do so:
- Create clear menus: Arrange your products or services as per the category and keep them in the menu bar.
- Keep it simple: A clean and simple webpage is more attractive than one with tons of complex visuals.
- Use CTAs: Calls to actions tell users what to do on your website. Also, use buttons in CTAs rather than text or image links
3. Strengthen Security
With the rise in the number of cyberattacks, people are getting more concerned about the website they interact with and the data they share online. To get customers to use your services, you need to show that your website is safe for them, even on their first visit.
Here are some ways to do that:
- Let them know what data you are collecting and why: As a website owner, you might be collecting cookies and other data that might help you retarget customers at a later stage. If so, make sure to let your customers know about it beforehand.
- Use trust badges: It lets your visitors know that you are using third-party security measures to protect your site and your customers’ information from hackers.
4. Mobile-Optimized Design
With more and more people using smartphones to shop and browse online, having a mobile-optimized design is imperative. Besides, Google has started mobile-first indexing in September 2020. This means Google now uses the mobile version of your site for crawling and ranking.
Ensure that your site is completely functional, irrespective of the device a customer uses. From page layout to menu and CTA placement, everything should be in place to assist customers.
5. Search Engine Optimization
Often considered as a marketer’s work, SEO begins with website development. Things like navigation, breadcrumbs, and site speed play a crucial factor in your website’s ranking. This is why you should focus on SEO right from day one of website development.
Make sure you follow all the best web design practices while keeping search engine optimization practices in mind. This also includes explaining 90% of what your business is about on the home page itself.
Simply having a website for your business won’t do any good. It should have the five aspects mentioned above to rank higher in search results and convert customers.