Press releases have been overdone in the past decade compelling Google to change its algorithm and make it more robust for SEO agencies to use manipulative links to generate traffic.
So are there press releases still useful in the year 2018? Well, that’s a big question that does not have a direct answer. In the end, it all depends on the methods you employee and the purpose for doing the press release.
Although saying a straightaway yes or no as an answer for press release significance wouldn’t be of any use. Well, read on to find out, how to do your SEO in 2018 to make it as a useful link building opportunity for your SEO.
- Branded links and authority domains: it’s true that the backlinks you will get from a press release, the majority of them would be a no-follow, therefore, will it be passing any page rank. Then why to do it? Well, press releases still give you branded links and Google still takes these branded links equally, as it weighs those juicy links. Not to forget the mentioned form proper authority domain will also be noticed by Google ranking algorithm.
- Drives real traffic to sites: using newswire services through a press release, you can get actual organic traffic to your dedicated page. When you use official press release and focus only on authority domains and genuine newsletters, you have a higher chance to scale up on google news using optimised campaigns.
- Use PR to embed google map: if you want the press release to hike the 3 pack rank for the GMB listing then try to use the OR service which allows you to embed google maps, in it. Doing this will help you gain rank on local search engines, link to branded Google Mao’s gets you the white hat listing, and it helps to generate organic traffic to your business map.
- Keyword relevance on silo pages: when you find some quality authority links for your press release and they all relate to the same keyword, you can surely find a good place on your SERP or the LSI keywords. But for this, your press release must be well written and optimised according to Search engine results.
- SEO strategy for press releases: if you want your PR to work in your favour this year, you must strategically plan it. Firstly use safe branded anchors, second use your social media profiles to link to the keyword you want. Ensure that your script has only two links: one branded anchor and one keyword anchor. While a naked url that’s part of a press release is a basic standard.
Remember that these five tips are crucial for your press release to work in your favour in 2018.
If you have any doubts about doing the press releases by yourself or if you want expert help to strategically plan out the press release for your website or event, then NewswireNEXT will come handy. There is no shortcut to success, and it’s true with optimising your site as well, so follow the algorithm requirement, you can, in a planned manner take advantages of few SEO techniques but never overdo your SEO.