Just like other streaming service providers, Netflix uses geo-restricting measures to hinder users from accessing content that is unavailable in their countries. How this works is that Netflix uses their IP addresses to determine their geographical locations. So theoretically speaking, if you change your IP address, you should be able to access content outside your region. Being one of the most popular streaming services in the world, Netflix has invested a great deal in preventing users from bypassing this restriction. This implies that many VPN can’t unblock Netflix abroad and any attempt to use a VPN with Netflix will generate the following error: “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
Avast-Secureline is not a reliable VPN when it comes to unblocking specific Netflix libraries. Currently, it has servers in 35 countries. You can see what content is available in other countries; however, when you try to play a video it displays an error message. Like many other VPNs, Avast-Secureline has been mostly focused on unblocking only the most popular catalogs. More still, what makes it not ideal to stream Netflix is that it has less than 100 servers – very low for a paid VPN service provider. Another issue is that it has servers located in Russia and China – two countries with high strict online censorship. This is also not ideal for a user seeking to keep online activities private.
An Alternative To Avast-Secureline – NordVPN
With NordVPN, you can access all of Netflix which includes content from the US, UK, and other countries of choice. With the following steps, you will be able to stream all favorite shows regardless of the location.
- To begin with, you need to sign up for NordVPN and install the software.
- Once you have done that, you can connect to a server in whatever country that has the Netflix content of your choice.
- The next step requires that you sign in to your Netflix account.
- Finally step is to sit back, relax, and enjoy your favorite Netflix show.
What Makes NordVPN A Preferred Choice?
Netflix tries its best to scrap the use of VPNs to bypass its geoblocks and blocking protocols. In order to achieve this, it blacklists VPN IP ranges periodically. With the vast servers of over 4,800 that are located across 62 countries, NordVPN has thousands of IP addresses via which your strongly-encrypted data is being sent. Also, with the obfuscated servers that mask the presence of a VPN in use, Netflix will not be able to distinguish such data from everyday data. This means that fewer IP addresses will be blacklisted.
Benefits Of Using NordVPN
- Most VPNs find it difficult to meet Netflix’s minimum speed requirements once connected. For standard quality video – 480p – data speed of Mbps is required, for high definition videos – 720p – data speed of 5Mbps is required, and for Ultra HD videos – 1080p – data speed of 25Mbps is needed. With NordVPN, you can be ensured fast and stable data speeds across its server network.
- You have top-notch security levels which include 2048-bit AES encryption, double VPN, and Onion Over VPN.
- Your data is safe as there is a strict no-logging policy.
- NordVPN comes with a kill switch and DNS leak protection.
- You get Peer-to-Peer sharing and torrenting service.
- There are no bandwidth or download limits.
- The apps are user-friendly across all major devices and operating systems.
- You get around-the-clock customer support service.
- Finally, you have a 30-day money-back guarantee which is combined with various amazing subscription packages which include a 70% discount.
That being stated, NordVPN is the go-to VPN for streaming Netflix shows. To learn more, check out this link: can you stream netflix using avast-secureline?