Kodi is a free media player and it’s extremely popular around the globe. It is a media streaming powerhouse as it allows the users to access all the video content on the internet – TV shows, movies, documentaries etc. The new Kodi users are confused on how to set up a Kodi media centre. They are unsure of whether to use Kodi addons or install the add-ons manually. In this guide, we’ll share the advantages and disadvantages of Kodi Builds and manual installation of Kodi Add-ons.
What is a Kodi Add-on?
Add-ons are just like plug-ins. A Kodi Add-on is a small piece of software that adds functions to the Kodi software. They allow you to stream the audio and video content on the Internet in a certain way. There are hundreds of addons for Kodi that can take turn a simple Kodi media streaming software into an incredible streaming powerhouse.
What is Kodi Build?
Builds turn your Kodi into a powerful streaming centre within no time. Kodi Builds are like pre-sets that sets up Kodi. A Kodi Build sets up the skins, add-ons, general settings and many more. Builds are the best for the new users as they make it easy to get started with Kodi software.
It’s easy to install Kodi Builds on your Kodi. It’s a single click installation setup and it installs the skins, themes and add-ons. Once you install a Kodi Build, it changes everything on the Kodi. There are dozens of Kodi builds available on the internet. If you are a new user of Kodi and finding it difficult to set it up, it is recommended to use a Kodi Build as it sets up the skin, interface, add-ons and pretty much everything for you.
Kodi Builds vs. Kodi Add-ons
Advantages of Using a Kodi Build over Kodi Add-ons
- Kodi-builds makes it easy and quick for a new user to set up Kodi Media Center.
- A Kodi Build typically comes with custom menu layouts skins, preloaded add-ons. So, you need not waste time on selecting a skin or searching for an add-on.
- Kodi Builds are the best way to set up Kodi Media Center if you are not tech savvy.
Drawbacks of Using a Kodi Builds
- The pre-loaded add-ons in Kodi Build may stop working many times.
- Kodi Builds make us depended on the developers. If the developer stops supporting the Build, you may start facing problems with add-ons anytime soon.
- Kodi Builds are rigid. They do not allow you to customize the things in your way.
- Kodi Builds are unreliable. Their functionality stops instantly when developers enter some wrong code or change anything.
Tip: If you are a new user, using a Kodi Build makes things a lot easier for you. When you are choosing a Kodi Build, it is important to go with something that has an active developer.
Advantages of Manually Installing Kodi Add-Ons Over Kodi Builds
- Manually installing the Kodi add-ons may consume some time during the setup, but they make things a lot easier in the long run.
- Manual installation also provides an ample scope to customize the Kodi environment in your own way.
- Add-ons provide you with more control over the Kodi Box.
Kodi Builds are cool at the beginning. But they are not the ideal solution to handle Kodi Media Center in the long run. We recommend Kodi Builds for the beginners as setting up everything, in the beginning, can be a troublesome task. However, once you use Kodi for some days and understand the environment, switch to the manual installations. You can also read how to make your life easy with Kodi.