A top-seller in the Indian smartphone market, Redmi offers a range of feature-rich smartphones at an affordable price point. If you are looking for a smartphone under Rs.10,000, surely consider Redmi 4 and Redmi 5. Both these budget smartphones come with powerful processors, vivid displays, easy-to-use interfaces, large batteries, and impressive cameras. Getting your hands on a Redmi handset today is easier and more affordable than ever, as you can buy a smartphone on No Cost EMI. One such place where you can purchase your smartphone affordably is the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network .
The EMI Network has more than 60,000 partners across India. You can use the EMI Network Card to simplify your purchase online or offline by converting the amount into No Cost EMIs payable over 3 to 24 months. With EMI financing of up to Rs.4 lakh at your disposal, you can be sure of getting the phone you desire. If you do not have the EMI Network Card you can still buy a smartphone of your choice on EMI by availing in-store financing instantly.
However, before making your purchase you need to zero-in on the phone that is best for you, and decide whether it’s the Redmi 4 or Redmi 5? To make this decision, take a look at each phone brings to the table and understand the differences.
Colours : Gold, lake blue, black and rose gold
Processor : Snapdragon 450, Adreno 506
Memory : 2GB + 16GB, 3GB + 32GB, 4GB + 64GB
H x W x T : 151.8mm x 72.8mm x 7.7mm
Weight : 157g
Display : 14.4cm
Aspect ratio: 18:9
Resolution : 1440 x 720 pixels
Battery : 3300mAh
Rear camera : 12MP
Front camera : 5MP
Connectivity : Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
SIM : Nano-SIM + micro-SIM or Micro-SIM + micro SD card
Sensors : proximity, gyroscope, accelerometer, vibration and ambient light
- Redmi 5 comes with a wide screen with an 18:9 aspect ratio. So, whether you are playing your favourite game or watching a movie, you can enjoy an immersive viewing experience.
- The phone has rounded corners that help in reducing the occurrence of damage if and when the phone hits the ground. Additionally, this design allows the smartphone to fit snugly in your hand.
- The Qualcomm Octa-Core processor ensures powerful performance even when you are using demanding apps. Thus with the Redmi 5 you benefit from a smoother gaming experience too.
- MIUI 9 makes using the phone simple and intuitive. It also works in the background to speed up performance and save battery life. All in all, the Redmi 5 gives you up to 31 days of standby time.
- The Redmi 5 lets you capture impressive photos even in poor lighting conditions. Armed with 1.25μm pixels on its rear camera and an LED flash for selfies, you are assured beautiful, vibrant pictures.
Colours : Gold and black
Processor : Snapdragon 435, Adreno 505
Memory : 2GB + 16GB, 3GB+ 32GB, 4GB + 64GB
H x W x T : 139.24mm x 69.96mm x 8.65mm
Weight : 150g
Display : 12.7cm
Resolution : 1280 x 720 pixels
Battery : 4100mAh
Rear camera : 13MP
Front camera : 5MP
Connectivity : Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
SIM : Nano SIM/ micro SIM/ micro SD card; 3-choose-2
Sensors : proximity, gyroscope, accelerometer, infrared and ambient light
- Redmi 4 comes loaded with a powerful 4100mAh battery. It can run up to 18 days on standby mode and up to 2 days with intensive usage.
- Available in gold and black variants, the Redmi 4 offers a professional yet chic look in any setting.
- The phone fits comfortably in your palm. The 12.7cm display is enhanced by a bevelled metal frame that has tapered edges.
- Redmi 4’s high performance is not limited to its battery. The Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 processor makes for a smooth smartphone experience even when playing intensive games.
- Skip having to enter a passcode or drawing an unlock pattern. The convenient fingerprint sensor lets you unlock the phone with a single touch. Additionally, you can link passcodes and fingerprints to different user profiles so that on unlocking the phone you access different apps, wallpapers and files as per your preference.
- The dual app feature lets you create two accounts for the same app. Sign in to two social media profiles on the same phone!
- The IR sensor makes it possible to let your phone control your TV, air conditioner, and other electronic devices.
Comparison between the Redmi 5 and Redmi 4
CPU: The Redmi 5 comes with a powerful CPU. Running at a maximum speed of 1.8GHz, it is close to 28% faster than Redmi 4’s 1.4GHz unit. A faster CPU translates into quicker processing and hence a more seamless experience.
RAM: Both smartphones offer up to 4GB of RAM. A generous RAM means that you can run multiple apps without your phone lagging or apps shutting down due to unresponsiveness.
Screen: Redmi 5 offers you a larger screen size. Its 5.7-inch screen is 14% times larger than Redmi 4’s 5-inch screen. A larger screen makes playing games and viewing media more enjoyable.
Resolution: Redmi 5’s 1440 x 720 pixels display outmatches Redmi 4’s 1280 x 720 pixels display. A better resolution makes for more vivid and clear viewing.
Thickness: Redmi 5 is 12.3% slimmer than Redmi 4. A slimmer phone is surely more convenient to carry around and handle.
Storage capacity: Both phones come in variants offering up to 64GB of storage space, so you have sufficient room for apps, media and files.
Battery: Redmi 4 overpowers Redmi 5 in this department. With a 24% larger battery capacity, you can look forward to longer hours of use.
Besides these key features,there are a whole lot of other features that you can compare before making an informed choice. Both phones come with dual-sim compatibility, connectivity features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 4G and GPS, and an array of sensors like an accelerometer, gyroscope and ambient light.
Then again, some features have to be carefully weighed before making a decision. For example, while the Redmi 4 offers you a 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, Redmi 5 comes with a 12MP rear camera aided by 1.25μm pixels and f/2.2 aperture.
The final call also boils down to personal taste. While a larger screen size may be looked at as an advantage, if you prefer slimmer phones, you may enjoy the Redmi 4 more.
Now that you know how to narrow down on the right phone for you and where to buy it affordably, hasten the process of buying a smartphone by checking your pre-approved offer from Bajaj Finserv. Doing so will give you instant approval and access to customised deals.