2020 has been a tough year with the global pandemic disrupting everything including amazing game football. The Ballon d’Or by France Football has also been cancelled due to the pandemic and left everyone eagerly waiting for the FIFA The Best Award. FIFA has filled the void that came after major award ceremonies were pulled off the calendar. The names of the final 11 nominees of the game who will be in contention for the best FIFA men’s player award 2020 have been already released.
The voting will take place through online mode till midnight of December 9th 2020. The final three finalists will be announced on December 11th 2020 and the results will be announced in Switzerland on December 17th. While all the 11 nominees are a tough competition among themselves, and have been seen as the world’s best players by FIFA for the past 12 months, there are a few favourites among them.
Crackstreams has compiled a list of the top 5 favourites for the FIFA The Best Men’s Player Award who have the best chance for bagging the title.
- ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI – BAYERN MUNICH: The 32 year old footballer is on his way to score his 40+ goals in all competitions for a sixth consecutive season. Lewandowski has been crowned as the world’s best footballer a while ago and has also enjoyed an amazing tour of both individuals as well as team success. He scored 55 goals in all 47 competitions in the last season for the past 18 months. He also finished as the leading saucer in one of the competitions and being named at the divisions’ player of the season from Poland. In the earlier Champions League stage he scored 15 goals providing 10 assists.
- CRISTIANO RONALDO – JUVENTUS: The 35 year old Portuguese footballer Cristiano Rolando had a little underwhelming performance as compared to his previous seasons this year. Yet he has kept the streak of his individual success by scoring 37 goals and 7 assists in the previous season. He is also the first European to reach the century of international goals in September 2020. Being the primary reason for Juventus’ Scudetto’s successes, he scored his 750th goal during a Champions League against Dynamo Kyiv.
- LIONEL MESSI – BARCELONA: This Argentina international followed Arsenal’s Thierry Henry, to become the second European football player to score 31 goals, and 27 assists in the same season breaking the record of La Liga. He bagged the 7th Pichichi Trophy maintaining his individual success even with Barcelona suffering the worst season in recent times. This was the fourth successive season in which Lionel Messi finished as the highest scorer in La Liga and also scored 3 hat tricks out of the total 4 in the season. He recently completed his 750th goal becoming one of the only 7 players to score 700 plus senior career goals in the history of football. All of these laurels make him a fit choice to be among the top favourites.
- MOHAMED SALAH – LIVERPOOL: Even though Mohamed Salah could not live up to the expectations in performance as compared to his debut in Anfield, he played an important role as his team bagged the first Premier League title. He not only goaled 19 balls in the previous season but also assisted for 10 goals. Salah became the first player in history of PRemier League who scored more than 5 goals in consecutive matches against the exact same club. Playing as the right side forward is the best in scoring goals and also being the provider.
- SERGIO RAMOS – REAL MADRID: The 34 year old captain of Real Madrid aided the team to bag the La Liga Title last season becoming the best player in the club. He is also the penalty specialist and is considered the highest scorer and the best center-backs in the game. Out of the 11 nominees he is one of the only two defenders, who have been selected, thanks to his uncanny relationship with scoring important goals. His chances of winning the title or making up to the top 3 is very high given his magical performance and leadership skills as the captain.