Network security is the protection of information of systems and hardware that use, store and transmit that information. Network security encompasses the steps that are taken to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and resources, and these are the goals of information security program.
Cisco is basically an American multinational technology company headquartered in California that develops and sells telecommunications equipment, networking hardware and other high technology services. Cisco is a largest networking company in the world. The CCNA Security is required to protect its large networks. To manage and maintain these large networks, network professionals are needed that demonstrates the skills to build a security structure and alleviate security threats. These major tasks of maintenance of cisco networking are done by the network professionals with the Cisco CCNA Security certification.
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security certifies all the associate level information and aids that are basic requirement to secure all the Cisco networks.In the security structure of the Cisco CCNA Security program highlights:
- Basic and major security skills
- Complete charge and control on the devices of networking
- Veracity, privacy and accessibility of devices and data
The CCNA Security credential helps meet the growing demand for network security professionals. It provides aforeword to the security concepts. The CCNA Security certification places the basis for the job heroes such as Network Security Professional and Security Administrator. It is the initial step for individual’s desire to obtain their CCNP Security certification.CCNA Security includes the following features:
- It accentuates the real application of talents requires to implement, plan and provision network security.
- It provides complete understanding of network security ethics as well as network configurations.
- It identifies common types of network attacks.
CCNA Security provides secure access. Secure access technologies are important on any modern network. In all types of network services, the skill to validate and authorize users appropriately benefits prevent external users from wheedling their ways. This Cisco certification access aims to elaborate the following:
- The difference between in band and out of the band management.
- Secure network configuration.
- It provides ways to secure SNMP (Simple network management protocol) with ACLs (Access control lists).
- Identify and describe protocol authentication.
A virtual private network is a technology that creates secure and reliable connection, and in the CCNA security for end to end data transmissions, VPNs (Virtual Private Network) are absolutely essential to understand how the end to end connection works. VPN are used to unblock content from another country. VPNs used many secure protocols such as PPTP, L2TP, IPsec etc. These are enormously versatile, because they can be used in a number of different settings. It also includes site-to-site VPN that encrypt data when it grasps the edge of a private network, and then decryptthe data when it ranges the edge of the destination’s private network. It helps when someone need to know how VPN tunnels operate, exchange data, negotiate tunnels and transfer keys.
The CCNA Security certificationprovides secure routing and switching, because there are many ways for a hacker to attack a remote system. It also focuses on these aspects to save the systems from attacks regarding secure routing and switching:
- Organizing privilege levels on Cisco devices
- Providing command line interface
- Providing secure routing protocols as OSPF (Open shortest path first) authentication
- Switch plane policing
- Port security
- Complete proof of identity of attacks that goal STP, ARP spoofing, MAC spoofing, VLAN hopping, CAM table overflows and DHCP spoofing
- Procedures like active ARP inspection, BPDU guard and loop guard to alleviate the aforementioned attacks
- VLAN (Virtual local area network) security that enables logical grouping o end stations and reduce the need of routers
The CCNA Security certificate also benefits its network with firewall because whenever we talk about the Internet security it is the basic feature to think about. Cisco provides many implementations of firewall that can be easily implemented across a great number of devices because it does not have any individual firewall product. One main example of it – one can use ACL to block individual services on router, this ACL action effectively works as firewall. Along with it, it also produces hardware utilizations like ASAs.
To implement secure network reportingandmanagement, it uses SDM and CLI on Cisco routers and configure them properly and manage all the networks to enable network management access that is very important while establishment of secure network. Along with it, to send Syslog messages to a Syslog server, it uses CLI and SDM to configure Cisco routers. It provides secure access to network devices.
The CCNA Security certification benefits students in the following ways:
- Define the overview of basic security of networking
- Discover how to eliminate the chances of risks of security
- Teach the students to develop secure networks
- Study and remove the problems of unsecure networks
- Eliminate big threats of the networking
- Can maintain their position in security of networking
The CCNA Security targets audience:
- Provides security professional skills to career oriented people
- Expands the switching and routing skills of the IT professionals in their networking fields
- Facilitates students in degree programs at societies of advanced education (technical schools, colleges, universities)
The CCNA Security certification is associated with the 210-260 IINS exam (Implementing Cisco Network Security). It is an hour and a half certification test with 60-70 questions. The 210-260 exam test the candidates’ skills to install, monitor and troubleshoot a secure network for maintenance of availability, confidentiality and integrity of devices and data.
Security skills are one of the most demanding thing in every networking related field. All organizations related to networking and IT need staff with the skills and specialized knowledge in a security infrastructure to detect security threats. The CCNA Security certification gives an overview of security challenges and solutions and helps people distinguish themselves in the highly competitive world of networking and tackle big security threats and their related issues that occurred in networks.