If you’re a business owner who just opened a brick-and-mortar store in your area, promoting your products and services using posters, billboards, and TV ads will no longer be enough. Sure, these might have worked years ago, but things have changed – and so did the market trends and customers’ demands.
If you want to promote your business and offerings effectively, pour in time and effort in implementing different link building strategies. With the right link building strategies, your business will rank high in the search engine results pages (SERPs), which can result in a better business brand, wider audience reach, and improved online visibility.
Because link building has been adopted by many businesses for years, it’s crucial that you only use new strategies. This can help your business stand out from the competition.
There are many link building strategies that businesses can use today. While some of these strategies require in-depth knowledge on the technical context of link building, others are simple to implement that even new business owners can do them with ease. Aside from determining which link building strategies are apt for your business, you should only use those which are innovative or new.
Here are some examples:
- Guest posting: Despite the number of link building strategies, guest posting still tops the list. Guest posting involves a straightforward process: a business will scout for websites that accept guest posts, determine the website’s writing guidelines, and produce content that contains the business’s link. This content will be published on another website, which means that the business can earn referral traffic. It’ll be easier for a business to promote its products and services especially if the website has a strong following online.Guest posting might be one of the oldest tricks in the book when it comes to link building, but there are now several techniques to utilize this better. For example, some link building companies offer themed link building. Unlike traditional guest posts, themed link building aims to focus on using keywords that are the core of the content, not just add links or anchors for the sake of doing it.
- Think about professional relationships: Generally, once a business’s link is posted in another online platform such as a website or blog, both parties (the website and the business) will have to cut ties. Once demands are satisfied from both ends, there’s really no reason to communicate, right? Or so you thought. If you want to effectively build links for rankings, nurture relationships with these websites. Continue to patronize their website even if your content was already posted. The same applies to online forums. Provide answers to users’ questions while subtly including the link of your website. This can do wonders especially if you join online forums that are related to your business’s niche. The more you engage with online users, the easier it’ll be for you to entice them. Plus, this will also make your business an authority in the market.
- Give a testimonial: Working with other businesses for your link building strategies will come off easier if the other party is aware of the benefits they’re getting. If you want a win-win scenario for your link building efforts, give testimonials to another business’s products or services. Scout for businesses that offer this kind of platform, and make sure that you work with them right away. This option will create an opportunity for your own businesses to get backlinks and traffic from another website. These testimonials will also enable the other business to build customer trust and credibility in the World Wide Web. Your business can build links while the other business can haul in new customers – both parties win.
- Start a blog: In the context of digital marketing, content will always be king. Publishing high-quality content can provide several benefits to a business, and link building is just one of them. You can promote your products and services, reach out to new and existing customers, and even create a brand using content. If you want your business to experience all of these things, start a blog and update it on a regular basis. Don’t just create a blog for the sake of posting one content with your links on it – doing this can actually do more harm than good in your SEO rankings.Instead, use your blogs as an avenue to continually communicate with your customers. Put yourself in their shoes and provide content which is relatable to them. Educate them of the problems they’re facing right now and how your business can help them solve all of these. Mention your offerings through content, and don’t forget to link your website so they can easily find you.
- Turn unlinked mentions to linked mentions: This link building strategy is too simple and cheap that most businesses disregard its importance. Take advantage of tools that allow you to check which websites have mentioned your business or products in their content. If these mentions aren’t linked to your website, reach out to the webmaster to modify these. Ask him to link those mentions to your website. Not only will these links redirect traffic to your website, but these will also provide convenience to the followers of the website where your links are published. It’ll be easy for their followers to visit your website – they’ll be redirected the moment they click on your links.
Be on Top
Competition will always be present in the business arena. Regardless of your business’s offerings, niche, or size, there will be several businesses that provide the same. Although it can be tempting to follow the competitor’s lead when it comes to link building strategies, it doesn’t guarantee positive results. In fact, doing this will only make you a “me too business.” The better option is to assess what your competitors are doing and benchmark from their strategies. The link building strategy you use should always be the best fit for your business and the latest one as well.