Did you know that the first virtual number was created back in the 1990s? However, the real boom started only in the last few years. For example, virtual SIP solutions have been in use for more than 20 years in the US. It’s interesting that the number of users has increased by more than 40% in the last 5 years.
What is a SIP number and what are its features?
The above-mentioned option is also known as a virtual number (VN) and is perceived as a telephone number that operates over Internet Protocol rather than physical PSTN lines or a GSM mobile connection. It helps you to make and receive calls from any device connected to the Internet. Outwardly, it is no different from a city and mobile number but it has unique functionality and advantages. The main feature of VNs is flexible configuration and rapid scalability without large investments in equipment.
How does it work?
It operates based on SIP, which is responsible for establishing, managing, and terminating a communication session. This is one of the most popular and reliable protocols that IP telephony uses. When a call arrives at a SIP number, it is transmitted over an Internet connection to cloud telephony (or IP PBX) where it is processed and routed to the appropriate phone number. It is important to note that SIP numbers are not associated with physical lines and can be used to route calls to any phone, including mobile and international numbers. That is why it’s really easy to get an Indian virtual phone number and fully use this solution for business or personal needs.
What do I need to call from a SIP number?
You need a device connected to the Internet. There are three options here.
- Buy a corporate IP phone. In essence, this is the same landline phone but sharpened to work using the SIP protocol. It’s suitable for companies that have decided to fully switch to cloud telephony.
- Buy a SIP gateway and connect your landline to it. This will make it possible to use the existing equipment. It’s an excellent solution for companies that want to integrate old phone systems with new IP networks and improve their communication capabilities. All you have to do is to install the softphone program on a computer, tablet, or mobile device. It’s an excellent option for small companies.
- Get a SIP account with a provider of communication services that sells virtual numbers (pay attention to the Freezvon Company). You need to specify the details of your SIP account on the device after it’s configured to work with the SIP protocol and connected to the Internet.
All this may seem complicated in theory but it is very simple in practice. As a rule, IP telephony provider Freezvon presents instructions for configuring the device to work with a VN. It is enough to turn to it for help in case of problems or questions.
Why do you need SIP numbers?
They are needed for:
- Optimization of business processes.
- Improving interaction efficiency.
- Increasing customer confidence.
- Quick organization of telephony in any part of the world.
- Obtaining high-quality communication.
- Reduction of costs for international calls.
In addition, VNs provide an opportunity to configure the voicemail, voice menu, and call recording, which facilitates the work of call centers and improves the quality of service.
Who needs a VN?
Such numbers are beneficial for many companies, so they can be useful for almost any business.
- Online store. It facilitates communication with customers and improves service. For example, the toll-free number will allow customers to contact the store manager quickly and free of charge to get the necessary information about the order or product.
- Companies with customers all over the world. VNs will increase business accessibility and client convenience. It will call at local rates, without the need to dial an international number and overpay for calls.
- Corporations with a large flow of incoming calls. These can be contact centers or support services. A business can organize fast and efficient customer service with features such as multi-channel, call forwarding, voice menu, and much more.
- Small companies and freelancers. They can create a professional image and ensure that your customers are available for communication at any time.
Such solutions in general improve interaction with customers, simplify work organization, increase business efficiency, and enhance the level of service.