The era of modernization and information technology has brought significant changes in the lifestyle of a modern individual. In order to keep pace with the fast-changing world, every business is trying to make a successful website but the cost for the website of each business is likely to be a lot different depending on many factors. The online presence has become a must for each and every company, business, organization, or a person belonging to any market.
Gone are the days when the physical presence was enough for the success of a certain business, now even a person need to market himself or herself to grab the attention of the clients and customers.
Keeping the technological advancement under consideration one might ask a certain question, “how much does a WordPress website cost?” so, that he or she can also have an online presence.
The Significance of WordPress Website
The significance of WordPress in today’s time is very hard to decline. WordPress can assist the companies to get themselves free from the usual trap which is a part of the technological era where all the companies, organizations, and the users are trying to keep a momentum. There is a need for all these specific companies and their use to get an idea about their specific goals, as these are likely to give a direction and would also assist in configuration. Seota builds Corporate WordPress Websites perfect for your enterprise project.
However, there are certain points which should be kept in mind, for example:
- Initial budget versus the estimated overall cost has to be considered.
- Website maintenance cost which is likely to be recurring on an annual basis.
- Domain name is significant which has a starting cost of $12/year and depends on different factors like the availability of the domain name etc.
- Cost Of A Self-hosted WordPress Website
The following points are to be considered for a self-hosted website on the WordPress:
- The annual plan and the hosting Configuration.
- Design and build which was done initially.
- Maintenance of the website on the monthly basis.
WordPress Core For Websites and Personal Blogs:
This option is available for free but there are also other themes and plugins which are premium.
Thus, based on the preference level of the user, the option can be utilized accordingly.
- The installations can be made by the user or a freelancer can be hired to carry out the required tasks. The freelancers are likely to charge a fee and the overall cost of the entire process is likely to be somewhere between $500 to $4000.
- There are various scanning plugins which are available for the users and can be installed but overall security of the website might possess a certain level of risk. In order to have a better level of the security, there is a need of taking into consideration the human intelligence which is still the best despite the advent of modern means of technology which are available to the general users.
- A shared hosting plan can be useful for the users who are not considering the data collection. It is likely to be a smart move for those who want to keep the cost under $100 however, security is still at risk with this particular option. Thus, in order to have a better security, the better option is likely to be the virtual hosting configuration which is usually small sized.
- Speed reports of the page can be initiated with the assistance of tools like GTMetrix.
- The user can expect a cost somewhere between $30 to $50 on monthly basis for a maintenance plan which is low level.
- The overall estimated cost can be somewhere between $0-$8000 depending on the overall flexibility of the website and later depend on the availability of the website, the overall recurring monthly cost is likely to be under $1000 if the website doesn’t require any further operations.
The Solution From The Professional’s Perspective
There are different professional agencies which are designed to keep a website functional and work for the overall betterment and success of the website, for example, they provide the following services:
- Business Analysis
- Cost Estimation
- Project Management and much more.
The hourly rate for the professional agencies can be expected between $50-$275. The recurring cost each month can be somewhere between $80-$220 per hour and the overall estimated cost can be somewhere between $10,000-$50,000.
High Maintenance Website
If the website gets a sudden hit, there is likely to be an increase in the overall traffic as there would be more and more visitors visiting the site on daily basis. Thus, there would be a need to maintain the website at the optimum level. For this purpose, the service of experts and professionals would become a must who would assist in providing a solution for the following:
-The analysis of the business
-The operations and the market.
Thus, there would be a need to consider the SEO techniques and the monetization in order to reap the maximum benefits. The overall cost in this scenario can be expected to be somewhere between $50,000-$150,000. Usually, the social networks and other corporate world website are such high maintenance, as there is a constant need to maintain the websites in order to keep pace with the fast-changing world and to have a competitive edge in the market to which that particular company, organization, or the corporate belongs.
To summarize the entire process, it can simply be said that the more successful a business, company, organization, or a user is, the more costly the website is likely to be. WordPress is likely to assist the individuals belonging to this era of modernization and information technology. The more complexity a website demands, the higher the cost, it’s simply a direct relation between these two variables. Thus, it can be argued that there are two extremes ranging from 0-$150,000 which obviously depends on the overall success and the maintenance of the website plus the business and it’s niche. Some companies and organizations are a lot successful than their rivals and in this modernized era of the information technology. a lot of companies are trying their best to have an online presence.
Georgi Todorov is a digital marketer. He recently started his NGO DigitalNovas. His passion is to help startups grow and thrive in a competitive environment.