When you modify the mechanism and design of the electronic cigarette to produce more power and attractive design, you have a Box Mod.
They used to be individually modified or customized setups until manufacturers saw their potential. But, it’s more complicated than that. Box mods vary in size, power output, features, battery, and more.
There are so many products and variations on the market, you must wonder what makes box mods better in design than e-pens.
According to USA Today, you vape when you inhale water vapor through an e-cigarette or vaping device. Inside, a battery generates heat to vaporize a special liquid.
“E-cigarettes differ from traditional cigarettes in that they do not contain carcinogens such as arsenic and vinyl chloride. Additionally, there is no secondhand smoke associated with vaping.”
E-pens are pen-shaped devices through which you vape several different substances.
- Oil pens use botanical oils, e-cigarette fluids, or e-liquids.
- Wax pens use waxy thick fluids.
- Dry herb pens vaporize dry herbs or tobacco.
Miles Bryan, reporting on National Public Radio (NPR), said that using e-pens is “reshaping the business and culture of marijuana.” He explains the huge popularity comes from the users’ ability to use the e-pen to inhale marijuana discretely. And, with concentrate oils, the potency is stronger.
Mod Boxes are hand held devices that fit comfortably in the palm of your hand, an ergonomic fit. A mod also atomizes the liquid supplied. The cheapest present some risk in terms of performance and safety. The more sophisticated ones include chips that regulate the power output.
These regulate the battery drain, protect against short circuits, and deliver more power when wanted. Box modsfeature:
- Handsome design: Box mods are about the size of a deck of cards with curved edges, unique surface textures, and prime materials. They fit snugly in an adult’s hand and sport enough in design and appearance to show off.
- Temperature control: The newest box mods use low resistance wire. It changes resistance while heating up. The mod can identify the coil’s temperature and stop it from overheating.
- Wattage control: Mods can calculate the required voltage to reach the power output desired. This allows users to find their own favorite experience.
- Power range: Like the wattage control, you can regulate the power delivered to your atomized. You can stick with a favored range or regulate it up or down for the occasion.
What are you looking for?
It depends. The e-pen is exceptionally convenient and light weight. They are cheap enough to let have more than one. And, if you want to be able to “smoke” without drawing much attention to yourself, the e-pen is the “go-to” choice.
Box mods, on the other hand, are better designed in terms of mechanics, engineering, and appearance. Sleek and elegant, they are more durable and versatile than the smaller, thinner pens. Because of their larger size, you may prefer to use the box mod at home, but they have been designed to go out in public.