Before starting to discuss the importance of corporate videos, it is essential to understand what they are. Corporate videos are used to share certain pieces of information with masses. It promotes a new product, it introduces a company on the market, or it offers explanations for a certain subject. Why are corporate videos important for businesses? Corporate videos have the power to raise awareness among a targeted audience, so businesses worldwide use it as a marketing strategy.
For the past years, personalised videos have become an essential part of digital marketing campaigns, and its features have evolved recently. From “talking-head” materials to animations, and live streams, companies are using videos in multiple forms to promote their message. Why are videos so successful? Studies show that in the last quarter of 2017 the average teen watched 23:20 minutes TV broadcast in their homes. The same study shows that people between 18-24 years have watched broadcast TV for 26:26, people with ages between 25 and 34 years have watched TV for around 40 minutes, and the persons who are older than 35 have watched more than 70 minutes daily. The average time spent in front of the TV daily was 74:58 minutes; therefore, videos are an important part of people’s lives.
What statistics state for 2018?
Because the impact of videos is increasing daily, a survey was made to understand what the tendencies in 2018 were. The results are the following:
- If in 2017, only around 60% of the world’s companies used videos to promote their brand, in 2018, more than 80% of businesses invested in personalised videos.
- The average person watches more than 1.5 hours of video daily.
- More than 70% of companies state that videos has a great impact on their sale levels.
- More than 80% of buyers state that they bought a product or service after they watched a promotional video.
- LinkedIn is considered the most successful marketing platform for businesses, for multiple types of content.
Why should companies use corporate videos?
In case the above statistics did not offer the answer, then here are some of the most important reasons why videos are considered to bring advantages to companies worldwide.
Personalised videos help companies educate their audience
When creating a personalised video for a business, it is important it to contain a message that will educate the targeted audience. There are different types of learners in the business world, and promotional videos are the most effective way to educate them.
The purpose of a promotional video is to teach the clients why they need the products and services advertised, how they can use them, and how the company will improve their life.
It does not matter the type of service or product the company is selling, it is important the video to be created with the purpose to educate the audience. Therefore, all personalised videos have to contain instructions people can easily follow along and offer learners a simple hands-on approach.
A corporate video can attract new customers
By including videos in the content you promote on your website, or on social media, you can attract customers. Companies have taken this strategy to the next level, and they decided not only to post the video on their website, but they also offer a transcription of the content beneath the video.
Some learners still prefer to read when they want to find more details about a certain product, so your transcription will serve them as promotional material. Also, if you transcript the information from the video, the search engines will crawl easier on your website.
The purpose of animated videos is to generate confidence, and to convince customers to buy a certain product. Corporate videos establish the brand as a professional name on the market.
How to create an effective marketing strategy based on corporate videos?
- Understand what type of video you have to create for the platform you use. Corporate videos can be shared on numerous platforms like YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, and even Snapchat. In order for a company to create an effective video, it is important to research what platform your customers prefer. YouTube is the best platform to use when you create a long video. Facebook and Instagram are perfect for short videos.
- Create valuable videos. It is important for people to associate your brand with the video. The video has to share a story that matches your values and brand. Establish the goals of the marketing strategies, because your commercial video will have the same purposes. Companies prefer to outsource when they want to produce personalised videos, because an agency has the needed experience and knowledge to check the needs of the market and to produce a video in accordance with them.
- Create a customer journey with the help of the video. In order for the video to meet its goals, it is important to understand what type of content will connect with them. Only by sending the right message, you will reach the right audience. And for doing this, it is important the company to take time to understand what the clients’ preferences and needs are, in terms of videos. A text on your blog can easily be rewritten, but a video implies more resources and time. If the video does not match your brand’s voice from the very beginning, then the chances it to attract clients are very low.
Now you know, if you want to build a video, you need to collaborate with professionals and to take a quick look at the tendencies of the market. Decide the type of content the video will offer:
- Seasonal videos, for special promotions, holidays, or trending events.
- Company overview videos, to present the history of the firm and its products and services.
- Announcement videos, to announce a new product, new job, new service.
- Q&A video, to answer common questions your clients may have.
An effective video does not have to be expensive and fancy, it has to share the right information and to look authentic to its viewers.