You were running in the park when you accidentally dropped your iPhone – face down. This is a horrible thing to experience. As much as you want your iPhone to remain the same, you should not expect especially if you see the screen with cracks. Though it hurts to see your beloved iPhone ruined, there is still hope because you can always get it fixed – for cheap.
In theory, you can fix your broken screen by yourself but this is not recommended. By doing so, you will void your warranty. Keep in mind that repairing an iPhone screen is a challenging process, which requires expert knowledge not to mention special toolkit.
If you do not want to wind up with a useless iPhone because you wanted to fix the screen, you should seek professional help. Places to fix iphone screens for cheap include the following:
The first thing that you need to do is to check the warranty of your iPhone or other Apple products. The good news is that Apple made it easy to check the warranty because of their warranty checking tool website – all you have to do is provide your serial number. Here’s the procedure:
- Step 1: visit the warranty checker tool online.
- Step 2: Put your serial number using your iOS device like an iPad or iPhone.
- Step 3: If you do not know where to find the serial number, you should click Settings then General, About and finally the Serial Number. Alternatively, you can also get your Serial Number by syncing your device with iTunes. All information about the device will show next to the image.
- Step 4: After entering the Serial Number on Apple’s warranty checker, you should provide CAPTCHA and then click Continue.
- Step 5: you will know if your warranty is valid. Aside from this, you will also know whether the purchase date is valid and other telephone tech-support status available.
- Step 6: you should contact Apple support via phone, chat or email and schedule an appointment so you can take it to the Genius Bar.
If you purchased an AppleCare extended warranty, it can cover up to two incidents of iPhone accidental damage. If you want to make the most of this plan, you have to buy it within 60 days of purchasing iPhone or iPod devices. This extended warranty provides support for two full years of both phone support and hardware support.
If it is out of warranty
If your iPhone is out of warranty, you have to know that there are many options for you. Here are some places you can consider to fix iPhone screens:
- Amazon Home Services: if it is out of warranty, you can get better deals with Amazon Home Services. This is a good solution but it will depend on where you live. The Amazon Home Services work by matching you with local technicians who can fix your iPhone screen. The service repair will depend on the model and the size of the phone but in general it can run start from $80 to $120.
- CertifiedPhoneRepairSg: this is a famous service known to fix cracked iPhone screens. The best part is that CertifiedPhoneRepairSg will come to you. This is convenient instead of heading to a store. You are only expected to book repair online. What’s more, you can pick the appointment that works best for you. Unlike others, we are not dependent on the city because there are thousands of repair technicians around the country. With this, you have a good shot of finding local technicians.
- Brick and mortar phone repair shops: if you cannot access any online services, you are always free to consider local brick and mortar phone repair shops. This can save you money but you have to make sure that the technicians are experienced. Keep in mind that if the technician is unskilled, you are risking additional damage to the body or interior of your iPhone. The best thing to consider here is reading online reviews to ensure that the shop has a good reputation.
So, how to prevent damage in the future?
The thing with phones is that there are no foolproof strategies for preventing screen damage. The least that you can do is to reduce the chances of cracked screens by using the following things:
- AppleCare: if you are going to buy a new iPhone, you must consider AppleCare this time. Although adding AppleCare generally adds to your overall cost, you will have a peace of mind because it means two full years of repair and support from Apple experts.
- Cases: the next thing that you should consider is purchasing cases. Cases offer screen and body protection that can reduce the likelihood of damaging the screen and scratching the body. In simple terms, a case is a comprehensive solution.
- Screen protectors: you should consider screen protectors as an add-on. These are plastic overlays that are thin, which can protect your screen against dings or scratches.
Before you go to other professionals, you should first ensure that you are not in any way violating your warranty from Apple. If you try to fix the screen on your own or have someone do it for you instead of authorized repair professionals, you risk losing all the support as well as the benefits. With this, you have to be wary.