CompTIA is a leading vendor known for providing the best industry-standard IT certifications. One of them includes CompTIA A+ with two exams:220-1001 and 220-1002that equips an IT expert with behavioural analytics expertise to prevent, detect, and neutralize cybersecurity risks in a network system. This CompTIA certificate complies with ISO 17024. Furthermore, A+ is certified by the U.S. Department of Defence as it meets the prerequisites of Directive 8570.01-M. This inspires confidence and trust as the federal government and other agencies depend on ISO when it comes to the IT credentials. In this article, we will share important details related to CompTIA A+ certification and its first exam (220-1001) along with some helpful preparation tips.
The CompTIA 220-1001 exam is meant to address the high demand for securing information and data via an analytics-based method. It is the best test for those IT specialists who want to gain security analytics expertise, such as:
- Utilizing and configuring tools to detect threats;
- Securing and safeguarding applications and systems in an organization;
- Conducting data analysis and construing results to recognize risks, vulnerabilities, and risks to a company.
The exam covers networking technology, mobile device, Cloud computing, network troubleshooting, and hardware visualization. It features 90 questions presented in a multiple-choice format. You are given 90 minutes to complete this certification test. The passing score is 675 on a scale of 100-900. The CompTIA 220-1001 examcosts $219.
Some practical skills that are tailored to the 220-1001 exam include:
- Time management: It entails learning various techniques to mitigate risks via appropriate equipment and implementation of the commended response. The experts must have the greatest skills in analyzing the outcome and providing ideal solutions.
- Vulnerability management: This is a cyclical practice of identifying, classifying, prioritizing, and mitigating software vulnerabilities. This provides the professionals with the opportunity to ensure a specific challenge receives the right solution.
- Security architecture and toolsets: This part is designated to commend proper mitigation of security problems related to identity and access management. It entails the expertise required to participate in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and for an ideal strategy for security systems.
- Cyber-incident response: This section entails differentiating threat data to recognize the incident effect and preparing a toolkit with forensic equipment and communication plan as a response.
The CompTIA 220-1001exam focuses on the knowledge and hands-on skills that you have acquired during the training sessions. What can you do to get the expertise required to pass this certification test? Here is a guide that will assist you in passing CompTIA 220-1001 at your first attempt:
- Use the CompTIA 220-1001 exam outline as a guide
The exam outline indicates the areas that you need to be familiar with before you take the actual test. It is important to ensure that you understand the framework that you can use during your exam preparation. Even though some topics may not be covered in the test, each of them is important as it helpsyou understand cybersecurityin general.
- Use avideo training course
For the reason that this CompTIA exam is a practical test, it is important to study using video courses. The Exam-Labswebsite has the video tutorials related to the 220-1001 exam that enlightens you on every aspect of cybersecurity. You will have an opportunity to analyze the risks and threats of security systems, depending on the guidance offered by the instructor.
- Use practice questions
The ideal way to evaluate your preparedness for the test is by using sample questions that resemble the real exam. These questions provide you with a clear image of how the examiners evaluate your knowledge on various cybersecurity aspects. Ensure you download the most recent CompTIA 220-1001 practice questions from Exam-Labs to get an overview of the actual test.
- Practice and practice more
The things that you learn can’t remain in your memory if you don’t practice them continuously. Practice makes you perfect in anything you need to do. Every skill must be put into practice instead of relying on the lessons provided by the instructor. Make sure you go through all the steps until you are able to recognize threats and provide mitigation plans that will discourage the malicious hackers from accessing the system.
- Takeshort breaks
Short breaks are essential during your exam preparation. Reading endlessly can be boring and monotonous. For this reason, you need to take some short breaks and make sure the things you do during them are not connected to reading. You can participate in other games, for example, playing table tennis. Remember to freshen up and eat light meals before continuing with your preparation.
- Take your time when passing the CompTIA 220-1001exam
Don’t hurry! The allocated time is enough to correctly answer all the questions. Read every question carefully to ensure you understand its content. One of the leading causes of failure for the majority of test takers is providing hasty answers. Ensure you are not overworking yourself since the CompTIA 220-1001 exam can be challenging.
The demand for the IT professionals continues to grow in the IT sector. Using this guide and preparation materials is the best way to launch your career journey in this field. Make sure you prepare well to pass CompTIA 220-1001.
Job opportunities for CompTIA certified professionals
The CompTIA A+ certified specialistscan pursue the following job titles:
- IT Security Analyst;
- Security Engineer;
- Cybersecurity Analyst;
- Threat Intelligence Analyst.
Research conducted by PayScale.com indicates that an accredited cybersecurity analyst with the CompTIA A+ credential has the potential of earning an average income of $60,000 per annum.
Passing the CompTIA 220-1001 certificationtest is the best way to get a career chance in cybersecurity. Make sure you do your best by using reliable resources to prepare and study thoroughly with them. Allocate enough time to practice for the exam using practice tests. You can achieve everything you want if you do it right. Passing this exam gives you a guarantee to be the best cybersecurity expert.