A USB Flash drive or otherwise known as Pen drive, Flash drive, etc., includes flash memory and an integrated USB interface. For most people, the best part of using a USB is that – you can easily remove it and rewrite it over and over again. Another benefit of using a USB drive is that they are physically small, and hence more durable and reliable than any other custom data storage space. With a range of storage space offered by a drive – they also tend to operate faster. A flash drive is mechanically very robust and has no moving parts. This makes a USB Flash drive a long-lasting device. You can efficiently operate this device via USB port. A USB is a versatile storage device and is currently being used in almost every industry in the world.
Here are seven top-ranked reasons to use USB Flash Drive, and improving custom data storage is just one of sit:
- Improve Performance: First thing first, capacity is not the only thing to look for when deciding a USB drive to order. The one thing that actually matters is performance – there is a plethora of USB drive available online with different body styles and shapes. But, it is essential to choose the one that gives you a faster data transfer rate.
- Better Connectivity: Not only using a USB means that you will get better performance, but using a USB will give better connectivity too! Using a Wi-Fi USB Drive, you can solve the problem Wi-Fi connectivity at your home instantly.
- Load Applications: You can use a flash drive to load up it with the portable applications – this will allow you to access to your favorite software without having to install it on the computers or laptops.
- Increase Boot Operation: Yes! It is possible to increase computer RAM using a USB drive. You can convert your flash drive into a RAM and use it for a faster booting process.
- Promote Agility: While improving custom data storage space is one thing – the next advantage of using a USB flash drive is that it can improve your agility with custom data. To put in other words – you can carry your data easily from one place to another using a USB Flash Drives.
- Complete Data Security: Another benefit of using a USB drive is that it opens a variety of security options to keep custom data safe and secure. You can password protect your USB – this will keep your data locked until the right password is used. Next, you can also encrypt your data and add an additional layer of security.
- High Storage Security: You can not only add security to your data but with a flash drive now you can secure your computers and laptops as well. To put in other words, it is possible to use a USB flash drive like a key to your computer and while this key is plugged in- you can access your computer. On the other end, the key is removed- the computer will automatically lock itself and will not allow any access.
So, in case you are thinking to purchase USB drive but confused whether to go for cloud storage? Cloud Storage is excellent, but the humble USB flash drive is here to stay. You can use to complete back-up data of your computer and laptop – but before you purchase it here is something that you should know:
- Spec Can Be Deceiving: In case you find yourself with two almost same spec devices – then choose one with better quality.
- Smaller and Thinner: A common myth is that smaller and thinner USB drives are always better. The good news is that drives are getting thinner and small but make sure you do not trade-off speed with size.
- Limited Life Span: Believe it or not, but a USB drive does have a limited life span, which is in the range of 3,000 to 5,000 write cycles.
Do you know – you can create a partition in the USB drive you purchase. In other words, you can two or more independent custom storage space in your single USB drive? Yes! It is possible – USB can be used to improve custom data storage.