The bond between a brother and sister is the most unique and special bond in the world. Rakhi or Raksha Bandhan is one such occasion to celebrate the eternal bond of brother and sister. On this occasion, the sister ties rakhi at the hand of her brother and the brother takes a vow to protect his sister as long as he is alive. This occasion is celebrated with a lot of pomp and grandeur in many parts of India, even abroad. Those brothers who stay away from their homes receive rakhi and other gifts from their sisters from faraway lands through online gifts or couriers. Here are some exclusive ideas related to Rakhi which will help sisters to decide their rakhi quickly.
Various Types of Rakhi are available nowadays from which sisters can choose easily. Some of them are discussed below:
- Rudraksha Rakhi: Rudrakshais considered to be highly auspicious in Hindu religion. In, this type of rakhi, several rudraksha beads are woven around the centre which is regarded as holy and is believed to bring good luck to those who wear it.
- Jewellery based Rakhi: Since it is difficult to afford real Gold, Diamond, Pearl or Silver, metals which look like them are fitted at the centres of such rakhi. It not only gives the rakhi a gaudy look but also makes it very unique.
- Rakhis with spiritual and religious logos: Designs such as “Om” or “Swastika” are considered higly religious in Hindu Culture and they are believed to bring good luck and fortune. Such motifs are engraved at the centre and tied with colourful threads and sisters feel that such rakhis will protect their brothers from misfortune.
- Lumba Rakhi: In some states of India, like Rajasthan, Gujarat, tying a rakhi at the wrist of the sister-in-law is commonly practised. The wife of the married brother is also incorporated in this holy occasion and such types of rakhis are known as LumbaRakhis.
- Sandalwood Rakhi: This type of rakhis are in demand for their extraordinary fragrance. Different shapes like that of flowers, deities, animals, auspicious motif, beads etc are made from sandalwood and woven with designer threads.
- Cartoon Rakhi: This rakhi is specially designed for kids. Famous cartoon characters which children adore like Spiderman, ChhotaBheem, Benten, Tom and Jerry are created and tied with colourful threads.
- Floral Rakhi: As the name suggests, they are made up of beautiful flowers. They can be made at home too. Such rakhis look very good on the wrist and also add fragrance to the air.
- Musical Rakhi: These rakhis are very much in demand nowadays especially with children and teenagers. These rakhis have a sensor attached to the centre. Whenever they are touched, they play music and it gives a unique appearance to these rakhis.
- Designer Rakhi: These rakhis are somewhat expensive. They are made of precious stones and may also be coated with gold or silver. They look no less than a piece of jewellery when wore.
- Resham Rakhi: These types of rakhis are made up of silk threads. They are very soft and looks beautiful when wore.
Distance does not matter when you decide to send Rakhi
Sending Rakhi to India is common nowadays.Those sisters who stay abroad due to work, marriage or any other reason can send rakhis to their beloved brothers in India. They can do so by buying and sending rakhi along with other customized gifts online. Nowadays sending rakhi online has become very easy, where the rakhi you wish to give your brother, gets delivered quickly along with other gifts just by the click of a button. One also gets to see a lot of variety online and they don’t have to roam from shop to shop trying to locate their desired rakhi.
We hope that these ideas will enable in choosing the desired rakhi by a sister for her brother staying at any part of the globe.