Nowadays, content marketing has become a popular buzzword in the digital industry. Whether it is email marketing or search engine optimization – content plays a crucial role in every marketing strategy. Marketers use the power of words to captivate audiences and deliver the brand message across different channels. After all, it is the most economical way to identify your brand as an industry expert and expand market share.
However, the old-school content marketing techniques no longer help with traffic or lead generation. People don’t prefer reading information-packed articles; instead, they want the content to be entertaining, interactive, and relatable. In addition to eBooks, content marketers must integrate visual elements such as images and videos to attract more visitors. Likewise, you can also create infographics, podcasts, or anything that offers solutions to problems.
Above all, you have to find the voice and forum that reaches the maximum number of people and attracts them to your website. You can generate authoritative content for outbound links, create shareable headlines or optimize content for the search engines. If you want more ideas, keep reading. Here we are listing five content marketing tips to attract more visitors.
1. Utilize Advanced Link Building
Mainly, businesses already have hundreds of links coming to their websites, but have you ever thought about their credibility? Usually, the old links break apart while others redirect users to a spammy website. From time to time, marketers have to check backlinks and update their link profiles. You can reclaim links from old webpages or use the skyscraper technique for additional links. The idea is to find some high-ranking content on Google and create a better version of it through videos and graphics.
In addition to directing quality links, it can streamline your content marketing efforts. You can build authority links with the help of guest blogging. Bloggers can add a follow tag to your backlinks, letting google pass SEO value to your site. Also, look into influencer link building because it can connect you to an audience of like-minded people. Influencers have a vast following, exposing your business to a massive audience.
2. Create Clickable & Shareable Headlines
In today’s fast-paced world, marketers have only eight seconds to grab audiences’ attention. Besides adding value to the content, pay attention to your content headlines, title, and introduction. You have to create magnetic headlines that encourage audiences to click and read the content. Here are tips for crafting clickable and shareable headlines.
- Create titles that resonate with the reader’s interests and preferences. If people find data intriguing, you can demonstrate your content’s value with numbers.
- Since writing unique headlines is challenging, find resources for inspiration. You can look up to successful bloggers and see what sort of headlines they use.
- Use your customers’ questions and queries to prepare headlines. If audiences want to know ‘how to lose 5kgs in 40 days,’ answer this question in your headline. However, avoid giving a lot of information to compel people to read the article.
3. Generate Interactive Content
Modern-day customers have higher expectations from marketers. Alongside reading articles and blogs, they want to engage and interact with the content. That’s where interactive content comes into play. It bridges the engagement gap and pulls users into the content by requiring their interaction. Fortunately, with a bit of creative flair, create interactive content will improve website traffic and conversion prospects. Any idea, which content formats come under interactive content?
Firstly, you can create interactive infographics that allow users to dig deep and download additional content through different stages. Second, you can personalize assessments and quizzes because people want to learn more about themselves. In turn, marketers can develop a better understanding of audiences and respond to their changing needs timely. Besides, surveys and polls can also engage customers and capture new user data.
4. Leverage AIDA
As the advertisement world is becoming more competitive, marketers have to attract people and persuade them to take action. So, why not follow the AIDA strategy? It is all about capturing attention, building interest, creating a strong desire, and implementing a call to action. You can utilize this strategy in content creation to produce content that readers enjoy. Have a look below for some tips and tricks.
- Capture Attention: In our media-filled world, you have to create content that catches the readers’ eye. Similarly, if you send emails, pick a subject line that helps your email stand out and prompts the receiver to open it.
- Develop Interest: Once you have the reader’s attention, engage them with your content. You can pick out messages relevant to the reader using bullets, subheadings or break the text into paragraphs.
- Desire: In this stage, you have to explain to the readers how your product and service offerings can help them. Thus, appeal to the reader’s personal needs and wants to create a desire for your offerings.
- Call-to-Action: Lastly, you have to create a gentle nudge that explains to people what to do at the end of every blog post. Easy-to-understand call-to-actions can convert your visitors into well-paying business clients.
5. Capitalize on Current Trends
Every day, we hear of something new. From Google going haywire with a new algorithm to America finding a new president – there is always something happening. Well, instead of worrying about these changes, marketers can capitalize on current trends. You can create content on viral topics since they can be of great interest to prospective clients. It can help you get instant traffic since you would be among the first few people to write about new developments.
However, for this strategy, you will have to stay on top of market trends 24/7. Besides listening to the news, attend conferences and seminars to learn about new developments. You can also follow Business Insider to get updates about tech innovations and search engine trends. Remember, writing about trends won’t drive the visitors to your website; you have to put information together creatively. Therefore, develop solid content marketing ideas and ensure your content creation attempts are of high-quality.
With spiking competition, content, marketers struggle to generate search traffic and attract more customers. Hence, if the conventional strategies are no longer working for your business, explore new trends in the marketing world. Begin by creating clickable headlines and update the backlinks. Once you get the basics right, invest in interactive content and write about current market trends to captivate audiences. You can also use word-of-mouth referrals or advanced guest blogging techniques to attract high-paying clients.